• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

There's at least one use of needless repetition, grammar and/or spelling errors or something generally nonsensical in literally every short paragraph of that press release.

Spooktacular stuff!
Grammar-wise it's spot-on, isn't it?

The attraction itself, however, sounds pretty poor.

We may be surprised though!

Given that Thorpe have a similar experience with the same supplier, I'm guessing that this was a Merlin decision? It sounds like Alton's Ents team have their hands tied a little with the lack of investment in scare mazes since the pandemic, which must be very frustrating, especially if you have lots of great ideas.

Scarefest is in gear 2 at the moment, hopefully, next year, it'll motor into gear 6 cos there are a few groups of people I'd like to take, but it's not happening with this line-up.

Every year we hope for a bigger Scarefest and every year it remains pretty static. Some years are a bit better than others, there might be a new maze or the loss of an attraction.

That said, given the events budgets over the last couple of years, youā€™d imagine this would be the best chance for it to actually grow significantly in scope; it appears not to have. Curious.

Not looking good for Invitation... heard from people who were on-park today and the other day that it's looking very unfinished, and a guy who might be the artistic director was sat outside it with a clipboard looking very stressed. Will it be ready for tomorrow? Not convinced.

Individual maze tickets are now available to purchase via the app for Ā£9 per maze.
Just tried to book but it hasn't worked. It's possible that it's not set up yet even though it's live.

Screenshot_20221006-182324.png

It still says 0.00 after you select the number of tickets you need, and when I pressed the pay button the app closed itself.

Seems to be just the Invitation this problem is impacting, other mazes appear to be working ok.