• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2023

Has the hearse arrived on Towers St yet? They usually use it to advertise Scarefest for the summer visitors to encourage repeat visits.

Unless it’s finally knackered and won’t be returning.

Edit: Scarefest teaser tweet just posted.

From: https://x.com/altontowers/status/1697293324372111472?s=46&t=zG_i8R9vX93ZZU0RljfzWA

Anyone work out what they’re saying? All I could hear is Blackpool Blackpool. Mandy Thompson scare maze would be fab as she chases you with a clipboard swearing at you.

Oof.. reserving judgement until we actually find out more but this is the kind of thing you’d hope Towers would be above. Maybe I’m giving them too much credit

Can we please reserve judgement until this has opened, just because it has ties to a youtuber does not mean it is bad. I am tired of this judgement and it feels like people on this site have a personal grudge against youtubers.
Also some people on social media have pointed out that the video also includes a logo from the channel 'Sam and Colby' who are known for their Ghost hunting videos. Could it be a new maze based around that theme?

Is it unreasonable for people to be miffed at the possibility of a scare attraction being themed around a sodding YouTube channel, considering the history of outstanding themes the event has had in the past?

"Boiler House? Hamble Twins? Not bothered mate, give us a maze where we have to escape Mr Beast. That's what people want!"

We've had a maze before with a YouTuber character before with House of Monsters and the lead up to Wicker Man promotion they had some YouTubers doing promotion with recap of the SWs.

It could just be that with Towers' (admittably cringy) social media, they are using "influeners" that align with the theme of the new attraction as a means to promote it and won't have any involvement in the final product aside from preshow/queueline recordings.

It could just be that with Towers' (admittably cringy) social media, they are using "influeners" that align with the theme of the new attraction as a means to promote it and won't have any involvement in the final product aside from preshow/queueline recordings.
hoping this is the case. all seems a bit thorpey though

Clearly looks like a new maze, with the two ghost hunter youtubers being loosely incorporated into the story somehow? People saying it’s going to be a YouTuber themed maze lol - it won’t be

On 2nd thoughts I don’t think a new maze - maybe some kind of ‘ghost hunting’ experience as a separate paid experience replacing The Invitation. I’m sure we will find out today

On 2nd thoughts I don’t think a new maze - maybe some kind of ‘ghost hunting’ experience as a separate paid experience replacing The Invitation. I’m sure we will find out today
Or maybe it's an expansion of The Invitation? Last year that was pretty poor mainly because it was a standalone experience, but many said that if it were part of a bigger maze/experience, it probably would've been a lot better.

Let me approach this from genuine layman's terms, as I have no idea who Daz Black is. I just went to his Twitter/X account. I've left the platform, and Elon's current iteration presents 'highlights', presumably most engaged with over the past few years. The top content is all to do with him taking down Andrew Tate and his seemingly successful attempts to get him banned, as well as harrowing accounts he's received from women concerning Tate's abusive behaviour?

I really, really dislike Andrew Tate, but can somebody explain who this bloke is in the wider scheme of things, and why he's been chosen as a partner on a haunted house?

I am officially old.

Last edited: