• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2023

A mixed line-up for me. Some good, some poor. I think it’s very clear the marketing team dictate most of the Scarefest line-up now rather than leaving it to the in-house entertainments creatives, which is a shame.

Good news on the scare zone, I’ll reserve judgment on the Mine Tours refresh until we see the extent to which that’s changed, but I’m still very disappointed by the fact they’ve opted for a 5th scare ‘experience’ rather than allocating that budget to re-freshing at least 2 of their existing mazes.

So we’ve got 1 additional new scare maze, an existing scare maze that has had a retheme, and a new scare zone.

I mean fair play, they’ve listened and reacted accordingly. It’s still not the event it once was but it’s great to see some new stuff going in.

It does seem like a bit of a lost opportunity not having a maze themed around Alton Manor. Plenty of space to put one backstage as well, they'd just needed to have managed the entry via the gates to the left of Alton Manor.

Can't say the lineup excites me that much, but that may be in part due to my enthusiasm for scare events dwindling with every passing year.

This is an improvement on last year. Still have reservations about the park getting into bed with YouTube types, not like they have the best track record for what’s still a family friendly park.

Tiny’s Revenge probably should’ve been done 4 years ago but I have a real soft spot for Altonville so I’m intrigued. Hoping Invitation has had work done, think there’s something good there with revisions but won’t hold my breath.

New scare zone is great, two would be fab but ones understandable given there’s 5 major attractions this year. Good to finally have some atmosphere outside of Towers Street, even if it’s only about a hundred metres away. Maybe next year we could push it all the way to Katanga Canyon

Regarding this "Daz" maze, this really just sounds like something that should be at Thorpe. I honestly thought this was a joke, unfortunately that's not the case.

An AI themed Scare Maze in collaboration with a YouTuber, that's a good way to make sure you don't appeal to anyone over 25! Is that supposed to be Slenderman in the trailer? Already not doing a very good job at relevancy if you're going to use a trend from 2012.

Can we please reserve judgement until this has opened, just because it has ties to a youtuber does not mean it is bad. I am tired of this judgement and it feels like people on this site have a personal grudge against youtubers.
Also some people on social media have pointed out that the video also includes a logo from the channel 'Sam and Colby' who are known for their Ghost hunting videos. Could it be a new maze based around that theme?

This is a discussion forum, if we only commented on attractions that have actually opened it would be a very quiet discussion forum.

Don’t like the format don’t engage with it.

As for Scarefest sure they have made some changes, which is better than nothing but I haven’t been to Scarefest since 2019 (it used to be a yearly event for me) and this line up is not tempting me back in 2023.

Hopefully this is just a quick fix by the new leadership team to do something with the event prior to a bigger shake up when they have had more time to plan. It would be nice if 2024 gave us something compelling to tempt back some of those who have given up on the event.

Eyes What GIF

YouTuber themed scare maze is ludicrously off-brand for Alton Towers.

In regards to the Wicker Man scare zone though, it's about time.

Last edited:
The people who are saying “at least it’s something new” shouldn’t be using that excuse. There’s been nothing to be excited about for years and it’s became dire. The fact you are excited by a YouTuber themed maze is because of the lack of new stuff.

Creating more problems to replace the old problems

I haven't seen any mention of Garden Lights walk returning this year, anyone know if this is likely to be in the line up again?
Hope so it's a lovely addition, I'm also wondering the same with legacy at Thorpe park because that's not been announced either.