• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

Same I think it’s been a bit of hysteria particularly from the usual suspects who are determined everything the resort does must be a cost saving exercise.

It has been badly handled from a PR perspective but overall there is more actual scarefest than previous years so it’s just not a cut.
Works both ways that.
Same I think it’s been a bit of hysteria particularly from the usual suspects who are determined everything the resort does must be a cost saving exercise.

It has been badly handled from a PR perspective but overall there is more actual scarefest than previous years so it’s just not a cut.
More actual scarefest will only benefit people who were planning to visit multiple times over that month. Or people who plan to visit on the non scarefest October days that they usually have (probably as they don’t want crowds or scarefest at all) so you can’t even do that now.

It will not benefit the casual one day tripper within the week. Therefore, their experience has been cut.

Why?

To experience the same amount of scarefest as I did last year I now need to pay two admission fees!

Works both ways that.

More actual scarefest will only benefit people who were planning to visit multiple times over that month. Or people who plan to visit on the non scarefest October days that they usually have (probably as they don’t want crowds or scarefest at all) so you can’t even do that now.

It will not benefit the casual one day tripper within the week. Therefore, their experience has been cut.

Why?

To experience the same amount of scarefest as I did last year I now need to pay two admission fees!

Right so the resort should focus just on your needs?

As I have repeatedly said I think the fact they have changed the times after announcing them previously is wrong. As some people will have made plans based on the times presented. This is unfair to that small but still relevant cohort of guests.

I don’t however, have an issue with more scarefest days and the quieter days being 1hr shorter.

Hope that clears things up 😊

Could the ‘new game’ suggest that there’s a new layout and the lack of preparation around CHS could suggest that it’s in one of the new container structures?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it'll be in one of those, with the new "scares" maze being in the other one.

People on social media seem to have to into a spin thinking that the ‘new’ Daz Games is one of the two new scaremazes, though Towers have confirmed in their replies that the two are still to be announced.

Daz Games: Panic Reloaded is one of the two new scare mazes. The booking portal has been updated, Daz Games is now included in the combi Ticket, replacing one of the scare maze placeholders.

1724175388729.png
So we're now just waiting one Scare Maze announcement and the new Spook attractions, which presumably is replacing the Dungeons.

Daz Games: Panic Reloaded is one of the two new scare mazes. The booking portal has been updated, Daz Games is now included in the combi Ticket, replacing one of the scare maze placeholders.

1724175388729.png
So we're now just waiting one Scare Maze announcement and the new Spook attractions, which presumably is replacing the Dungeons.
What makes us think there is a spook attraction and one scare maze?

All the marketing has said today 2x scare mazes?

What makes us think there is a spook attraction and one scare maze?

All the marketing has said today 2x scare mazes?
Yeah it's a bit missleading, but there are two "spooks" attractions and the only one confirmed so far is Trick or Treat Town.

Yeah it's a bit missleading, but there are two "spooks" attractions and the only one confirmed so far is Trick or Treat Town.
This to me would suggest two horror scare mazes, not spook mazes.

Although 1 is a darkest depths replacement which was there ‘family’ maze at one point so it makes sense

Attachments

• IMG_0068.png
    IMG_0068.png
    653.9 KB · Views: 23
If the new daz games attraction is being counted as 1 of the 2 then its another poor yr with only 1 unique new scaremaze. I was excited for this year but think ill go xtreme scream instead

This to me would suggest two horror scare mazes, not spook mazes.

Although 1 is a darkest depths replacement which was there ‘family’ maze at one point so it makes sense
Yes but if you look at the combo tickets you can see that there is 1 "scares" attraction left to announce and one "Spooks" attraction. The former includes four thrill attractions and the latter includes two family attractions. The new family attraction will almost certainly be going in the Dungeons, with Panic and the new thrill maze going in the two new tents.

@lee2804 Panic isn't a "new" attraction this year, both new ones are yet to be announced.

I’m a bit confused why trick or treat town is mixed in the combo ticket with the more grown up mazes. Won’t this push more older teens and adults into what is essentially a children’s attraction?

I’m a bit confused why trick or treat town is mixed in the combo ticket with the more grown up mazes. Won’t this push more older teens and adults into what is essentially a children’s attraction?
That's a fair point, although it's basically just a tamer version of Thorpe's Deaths doors with added sweets.

Also as far as I can see online there is currently no way to but tickets for trick o treat town on it’s own, it’s only available in the full package or the family package with this and one new attraction.

I’m so confused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, I'm not even going to attempt to work it out until all the mazes and attractions have been announced. The pricing structure at the moment does seem overly complicated.

Let me break it down for you:

"Spooks" package: (£15)

- Trick or Treat Town
- unannounced attraction

"Frights" package: (£34)

- Mine Tours
- Attic
- Panic
- unannounced attraction

"Spooks and frights" package: (£50)

All of the above

With having the Spooks package it looks like they will be charging Adults to enter Trick O' Treat whereas they used to be free with a paying child. It makes the whole thing VERY expensive for a family.