• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

So pay a pound extra for the full package!?
£34 is the daytime (3pm to 4.45pm Sun-Fri, 1pm to 2.45pm Sat) price, in the evening (5-7pm Sun-Fri, 3-7pm Sat) its £38 for the scare mazes. So if you get the combo you would want to do the mazes after 5pm, otherwise as you say you effectively paid an extra £1.

Does get a bit complicated doesn't it!
I gave up with the turnip lanterns...
Managed to do riding in the dark before the big pumpkin stuff started.
Mate wants last trip out with his rapidly growing kids...I prefer passage del terror, professional, lengthy but quick, and a nice bat with entertainment at the end.
If the bar is open.
If they are taking cash.
Or cash only.

So it’s been confirmed Daz is one of the 2 new mazes seriously?

It’s gone from being really exciting and intriguing to see 2 new scare mazes under construction, with the dungeons closing for the first time to make room for a new Maze, To well not really that exciting at all.

Tell me if I’m wrong but I was under the assumption we’re getting a big revamp of Stale Scarefest, but by the sounds of it it’s basically one spook (family attraction) & Daz? Neither 2 I’ll be that bothered to visit for as I’m not a teenager and the rest of the mazes I’ve done to many times.

Assuming invitation isn’t returning then or is that the 2nd new Maze “Invitation declined”’

Has it ever been said 2 new scare mazes anywhere?

Forgive me, I might have missed it, but if they've said 2 new scare attractions all along then they haven't done anything wrong or misled anyone (2 new attractions would be the new maze + dungeons replacement). Just don't be surprised if you end up being disappointed at what you thought/wanted isn't happening if this turns out to be the case.

Again, if they have said 2 new scare mazes somewhere along the line and indeed they have included Daz Games in that, then my point is null & void and I will join you all in criticising Alton :joycat:

Daz is not included in the "2 new scare attractions". If you go to book, it shows a list of attractions included. Daz is listed separately from the wording for new scare attractions.

To be honest, I think people are conflating 2 new scare attractions to mean 2 new scare mazes when in reality, its a new maze (Darkest Depths replacement) and a new attraction (Dungeons replacement)

Forgive me, I might have missed it, but if they've said 2 new scare attractions all along then they haven't done anything wrong or misled anyone (2 new attractions would be the new maze + dungeons replacement). Just don't be surprised if you end up being disappointed at what you thought/wanted isn't happening if this turns out to be the case.

Again, if they have said 2 new scare mazes somewhere along the line and indeed they have included Daz Games in that, then my point is null & void and I will join you all in criticising Alton :joycat:

No the park has never confined or was misleading. But I feel we were all under the impression from various talks on here and vlogs that there will be a huge shake up this year. After seeing 2 new purpose fitted scare mazes being constructed and the dungeons revamp it was all looking quite promising, this excitement has left slightly and rightly so seeing the line up so far. However I will await and see with an open mind but so far from what has been announced it doesn’t look like i why be attending this year.

Again, if they have said 2 new scare mazes somewhere along the line and indeed they have included Daz Games in that,

It listed three scare attractions to be announced as in the screenshot in this post.

Some people took, "to be announced" as meaning all three unannounced things will be all-new, whereas with Daz Games its more of a sequel. The website has always stated two new scare attractions, so the remaining unannounced should be new.

After seeing 2 new purpose fitted scare mazes being constructed
Shipping containers and a tent isn't "purpose fitted" really. Its a dedicated site for events but not really designed for any particular purpose.
But just because they built new foundations and added shipping containers on them didn't mean it would be a new attraction using the space.

No the park has never confined or was misleading. But I feel we were all under the impression from various talks on here and vlogs that there will be a huge shake up this year. After seeing 2 new purpose fitted scare mazes being constructed and the dungeons revamp it was all looking quite promising, this excitement has left slightly and rightly so seeing the line up so far. However I will await and see with an open mind but so far from what has been announced it doesn’t look like i why be attending this year.

Again though, nothing was ever officially announced. It was everyone jumping on speculation and wishes and treating them as fact.

There was no official confirmation of a Scarefest shakeup. The tents were never confirmed to be new Scarefest mazes, so again, I think that's people jumping to conclusions and being disappointed when reality doesn't live up to expectation.

Shipping containers and a tent isn't "purpose fitted" really. Its a dedicated site for events but not really designed for any particular purpose.
But just because they built new foundations and added shipping containers on them didn't mean it would be a new attraction using the space.

You’re missing the point here regardless of what the park said. This year we was all expecting a big major overhaul after years of the same. With the recent announcements we haven’t seen any indication of these rumours,
However as some have confined they may still be 2 new scare mazes to come so we will see. However with one being a family maze it’s less appealing to me, so that leaves with just one new maze, which you could argue it’s the first new “proper” scare maze since darkest depths? We use to get new mazes every 3 years.

As for the 2 new structures it’s most likely they are for Scarcest and I would argue they are more permanent, to be left there all year round with how there designed + building foundations, paths all to a higher standard than usual.

They emailed this literally yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_0068.png
    IMG_0068.png
    653.9 KB · Views: 41
So if you want to visit for Scarefest and do things that are remotely typical of this type of event, its an extra £50 for what is mostly the same as previous years?

I really do struggle to be enthused by Alton Towers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have never understood extra charges in Halloween season, nice way of ripping off punters who have already paid.
Either increase the gate fee, or scrap the charges.
Boo, that will be ten pounds please.

I just had a look at last years event and work didn’t start on Daz until about 16th September, with full scarefest announcement at the start of September, so still plenty of time for Daz to be set up in the hospitality tent.
From what I remember last year the themeing wasn’t exactly complex- just a few fences, sheets, those big boards with the shapes on for your band and the challenges. Bit disappointed with the return of Daz- I wasn’t overly impressed last year. I ended up completing it and then spending the rest of the time walking round to have a good nose - didn’t quite fancy paying £10 for a 30 second experience!

I’d be very happy if they brought back something like sub-species and tied it more into the current nemesis story arc - I think it could be really popular.

I’ve heard that it’s the last year with them being in the towers because of the kerfuffle with English heritage and rightly so, considering how it blocks of the towers for most of the year. Maybe the big overhaul (a la 2015) we’ve all being wishing for will be next year.