• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

I feel like they may be struggling to fill the Scarefest actor roles.

They started auditions way back in April/May time and have had lots of audition dates since then, including one today. Given the amount of dates they have had, and that they still haven’t filled them all it could well explain reduced hours and/or them not being able to roll out as many additional experiences as originally planned.

They started auditions way back in April/May time and have had lots of audition dates since then, including one today. Given the amount of dates they have had, and that they still haven’t filled them all it could well explain reduced hours and/or them not being able to roll out as many additional experiences as originally planned.

Possibly but I suspect it’s more so they only need one shift on the mazes. 3pm until 9pm with time to get ready and close down is an an 8hr shift. That might be because they can’t get enough staff to fill the 2nd shift or it’s to save costs.

If I am being generous the mazes are normally not busy between 1.30pm and 3pm, but the cynic in me is suspicious.

Hell, if I could, I would've tried for the auditions. Although the issue being I live in the East Mids, plus add to that the only experience I have in drama related tasks are from my GCSE's. So I don't know what they'd expect of me! xD

I mean, it'd be a dream come true if I did get hired, but I doubt AT would hire a guy with both autism and ADHD.

Out of interest - did people find the scaremazes more atmospheric when they were located outside of the park? Field of Screams and Boiler House used to be in the field to the left of ATH where the Enchanted Village is now.

Out of interest - did people find the scaremazes more atmospheric when they were located outside of the park? Field of Screams and Boiler House used to be in the field to the left of ATH where the Enchanted Village is now.

Yes…

It would be great to see them replicate it on the meadows one day

Aren’t they struggling to fill loads of roles nowadays?

There was a time when working at Alton Towers was a right of passage for locals from Stoke etc, public transport and staff busses were really good and it was relatively easy to get too, regular staff parties and free bars.

Jobs would be stupidly oversubscribed but they were still looking for ride hosts for this season extremely late on this year. Seeing locals wearing Towers uniforms was a regular occurrence but I feel like that’s few and far between now.

So them struggling to recruit staff wouldn’t exactly surprise me. to

It's why they do VARMs. Market a theme park 'degree' to unwitting enthusiasts, and end up getting them doing unpaid labour for the jobs no one wants to apply for.

From what I’ve been told, Ents (ignoring contractors) is actually the exception to the recruitment roles this year. Posts have been few and far between this season and there hasn’t been the usual seasonal struggle to staff positions.

Ents are, for now, on quite a high budget for the growth of events. And have had been advertising basically from the season get-go. Largely the new intake of seasonal staff for them is usually Oktoberfest/Scarefest and they keep on the staff they like for Christmas and the next season on. Rather than recruitment drives over the season start. A lot of performers leave at Christmas because Christmas events like Santa attractions and Pantos pay a damn sight more than what they would get staying at the theme park.

They appear to still be advertising for Scarefest hosts, actors and show captains”, along with a number of performer roles.

Seems pretty last minute to still be advertising for these roles if they need to attract candidates, complete the recruitment process, train and get people on the ground in just over a month.

I go to Scarefest as I love the atmosphere and riding the coasters in the dark. I not done the mazes since they stopped the free 1’s.
Like I paid £50 for me and Daughter with the parking to go on the 27th im not willing to spend another £76 for 4 mazes each when I only paid £6 each to do both of Drayton’s Mazes last year.

Given Daz games is going back in the hospitality suite, could that mean the Mexican themed maze is going in the dark forest containers and something else entirely is going on in the dungeons?…

(Another cost cutting exercise?)

Last edited: