• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

Think there was something about not disturbing the tree roots in the planning?

Maybe they built the base up, instead of down.
I assume they didn’t want to remove the concrete base of the old building that was there (the green tent which was the ending for darkest depths), so that’s why they have had to build upwards.

Not sure how you interpret anything about the theme from the foundations of the concrete pad the shipping containers will sit on.
Nah, what I mean is, I wonder what AT will be revealing for this year's Scarefest attractions. Although I kinda wish they brought back Sanctuary or a new version of it...

Id love to see a Towers trailers style maze, like a look back at Towers past mazes, maybe the Marmalisation corridor of The Sanctuary, a bit of Hamble twins from the Boiler house, a touch of Sub Species-maybe the black out room or the doors at the beginning,ending with the TotT strobe maze with the freakishly tall vampires/demons. Im sure there is more but that's all i can i think of for now.

Id love to see a Towers trailers style maze, like a look back at Towers past mazes, maybe the Marmalisation corridor of The Sanctuary, a bit of Hamble twins from the Boiler house, a touch of Sub Species-maybe the black out room or the doors at the beginning,ending with the TotT strobe maze with the freakishly tall vampires/demons. Im sure there is more but that's all i can i think of for now.
That could be a good idea, since Trailers does have a lot of potential. Field of 1000 Screams might be another maze to hark back to.

The Dungeons sign has completely gone from the building now...

IMG_20240730_145212556.jpg
I think the removal of the Dungeons sign is an indicator that it’s gone for good, if this was just some overlay for Scarefest, then we would have just seen it covered up. There’s no point removing an electrical sign when they don’t need to.

Hope they make some more visible changes to the facade, but I really hope the flame effects are kept!

I think the removal of the Dungeons sign is an indicator that it’s gone for good, if this was just some overlay for Scarefest, then we would have just seen it covered up. There’s no point removing an electrical sign when they don’t need to.
This is an intresting point, depending on how it was attached removing the sign may not have been too difficult
i.e if it was just bolted in it would be a case or removing the bolts and removing the wires (if it was done using conjugate it would be a case of disconnecting it from the power scource then pulling the wire.)
If something like this was the case (there dosnt appear to be glue marks from the sign) it could make sence to remove it if the new sign was a light up sign, also it may make sence to remove it to use the old bolt location (otherwise how else would you attach the new sign)

Last edited:
Well, depending on what Alton are planning for Scarefest, if they do intend to use the former Dungeon for a large scale attraction for Scarefest this year, whilst I can't find any form of map in my end to show the size of the Dungeons themselves, it'd be interesting to see how they use all that space...

Hasn’t Bianca already confirmed the Dungeons are coming back after scarefest? I’m sure I read this either on here or from a YouTuber who attended a special event where Bianca gave a talk

I guess whether the Dungeons will return depends on what exactly the Scarefest attraction will be and how much of the existing theming will be changed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have no decision on what to do with it for 2025, hence Bianca’s vague answers regarding The Dungeon's future.

I guess whether the Dungeons will return depends on what exactly the Scarefest attraction will be and how much of the existing theming will be changed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have no decision on what to do with it for 2025, hence Bianca’s vague answers regarding The Dungeon's future.
Given the length of closure for the Scarefest overhaul is a greater length of time compared to when it was converted into The Dungeons, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are ripping up entire scenes and rebuilding from scratch in areas.

If this the headline attraction for this Scarefest, they will at least need to double the throughput of the whole attraction!

To be honest I have absolutely no issue if they want to utilise a lot of existing scenes and make it a little more spooky, I really don’t see anything wrong with this? Why waste good probs and scenery, when let’s be honest most of the general public probably have seen inside before? It will still be a new experience regardless but I don’t feel the need to waste money for the sake of it when the current theming/interior decor is to a pretty high standard.

Last edited: