• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

This feels really poor execution/comms given how good things have been recently.

So despite us being told Daz games panic is coming back it’s not announced?

Which then begs the question, what on earth is going on in the Dungeons and the two new spaces? We’ve also been told the dungeons is coming back for scarefest.

Which can only lead me to the conclusion:

The unannounced family attraction is what’s going in the dungeons

The two unannounced thrill attractions are Daz games (in the new building by Dark Forest or in its usual spot and this remains empty) and I assume either an Emily Alton or Phalanx maze in the one near forbidden valley.

Or am I being too logical? And maybe there is another free attraction coming?

Either way the uncertainty isn’t encouraging me to buy…

This feels really poor execution/comms given how good things have been recently.

Which then begs the question, what on earth is going on in the Dungeons and the two new spaces? We’ve also been told the dungeons is coming back for scarefest.

The two unannounced thrill attractions are Daz games (in the new building by Dark Forest or in its usual spot and this remains empty) and I assume either an Emily Alton or Phalanx maze in the one near forbidden valley.

I don't think it is too bad, we are still in august with like 1.5 months to go before it starts. my guess is they said 2 new experience, so there is the dungeons and the FV attraction, then there is daz (or similar) probably going to the dark forest.

This is mid August, there is plenty of time for further announcements, hardly uncertainty...scarefest will happen, with a couple of new attractions.
Surely that is all we need to know with a couple of months to go.

Sorry I feel a little confused here so we have 4 scare mazes confirmed what are the 2 spooks?

Thats very odd wording I cant work out if family scare mazes, Scare zones or walk throughs they maybe need to be a tad more specific here.

I’m glad there are 2 new mazes which is a welcome change as Daz was new for last year along side “Mine tour adaption” and “burial grounds” It’s looking more fresh again now, in addition hopefully Hex will be open and I can’t see why they wouldn’t have a Scare zone in forbidden valley? I mean they already have roaming actors, smoke, themed lighting. Which it’s pretty much how it used to be for Halloween years ago anyway. That moving helicopter with all its effects was actually a great addition in hindsight.

I do feel Scarefest this year will be worth the trip!

Sorry I feel a little confused here so we have 4 scare mazes confirmed what are the 2 spooks?

Thats very odd wording I cant work out if family scare mazes, Scare zones or walk throughs they maybe need to be a tad more specific here.

I’m glad there are 2 new mazes which is a welcome change as Daz was new for last year along side “Mine tour adaption” and “burial grounds” It’s looking more fresh again now, in addition hopefully Hex will be open and I can’t see why they wouldn’t have a Scare zone in forbidden valley? I mean they already have roaming actors, smoke, themed lighting. Which it’s pretty much how it used to be for Halloween years ago anyway. That moving helicopter with all its effects was actually a great addition in hindsight.

I do feel Scarefest this year will be worth the trip!
Four mazes have been confirmed for Scares but only two have been confirmed. The Spooks are Trick o Treat Town and the Dungeons replacement. So we've got three attractions to be announced (but only two "new" so I think Panic is returning but revamped).

The Frights and Spooks are the payable extras which suggests they’re the more substantial offerings, in addition to free things such as shows and Burial Grounds.

There’s not a lot to go off yet, I still suspect we may get another “scare zone” in FV

they've actually REDUCED Scarefest hours on weekdays (except Fridays) to 8pm. What the hell is going on?
I assume they aren't expecting to be busy outside of half term.
But given the clocks change on Sunday 27 (start of half term when all days are 9pm anyway) it does mean less time for dark riding on the other earlier weekdays.

In previous years though haven't they had some weekdays without scarefest at all and concentrated on half term?

Anyone else feeling slightly apprehensive these days about booking anything Alton advertises in advance? Booked water park tickets only for them to reduce the hours. Now they want you to book Scarefest tickets without knowing the full line up!

I feel lately as if I don’t want to book anything until a day or so before I turn up so I know exactly what I am getting.

I'm looking to book at Scarefest, but an 8pm closure would put me off. If they cut an hour, I would rather see it cut in the morning over the evening.

I know we haven't gotten into the swing of events yet, so I cannot judge, but between this and Oktoberfest, there seems to be a heavy push for 'GIVE US YOUR MONEY' with ambiguity as to what exactly you're getting for that money.

I'm looking to book at Scarefest, but an 8pm closure would put me off. If they cut an hour, I would rather see it cut in the morning over the evening.

I know we haven't gotten into the swing of events yet, so I cannot judge, but between this and Oktoberfest, there seems to be a heavy push for 'GIVE US YOUR MONEY' with ambiguity as to what exactly you're getting for that money.
Agreed, I'd take an 11am opening over an 8pm close.

Yeah, that does make it impossible to do night ride, scare zones and mazes when it’s dark when it’s more atmospheric. That doesn’t make sense and makes the day quite stressful, it never really feels quite like Halloween until it gets dark I love everything else so far but this does seem a little unfair when paying to come for Halloween.

I appreciate the scare mazes are in doors but myself and friends always prefer to do them at night but we also like to mix in with a few rides if we can.

Just sacked off my planned visit. On an averagely busy day, with the crowds that this premier event typically maintains, a 9PM close barely provides enough of a margin to have time to do both the rides and the (paid!) Scarefest attractions. An hour less represents a waste of time, at least in terms of my personal travel and planning.

I respect the obvious passion and enthusiasm of Alton's creative team and management, but the reality after this season is that the park continues to run on the fumes from the occasional splash of fresh paint.

Last edited: