• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SEA LIFE Manchester

Hardly a surprise there, any bets on the next midway to appear there too?
The Manchester Dungeon?
Madame Tussauds Manchester?
The Manchester eye?

We already had a Manchester Eye in some form, Ben ;) It was taken down for the Olympics however, and I've not heard anything about it since.

I'll probably give this a look at when I collect my MAP from the Merlin Trafford Centre next year.

Ah but the eye wasnt a merlin one, i have infact been on the old one (I didnt realise it had gone).
I went on it after a few beers in a bar at the top of that long triangle shaped building, and now forget most of the ride.

There wasn't really much to see on the old wheel anyway. :p

I'd rather visit a SeaLife over the Legoland thing that's there. I can't describe how boring that place actually is. If it wasn't for the lego buildings, it really wouldn't be worth visiting at all! XD

But when are they going to give us an Ancient Rome themed miniature theme park to suit the style of the Trafford Centre, hmmmm? :D

To be fair Legobland discovery centre is for kids, every family I know who has gone has said the kids love it, their only gripe is its too expensive.

But I do enjoy some kids attractions too, it's just that things like the dark ride at the Discovery Centre is like a cross between Charlie and Duel (warehouse meets laser guns). :p

That dark ride is utter cack. Shame when lego is obsessed with the Laser Raiders style ride (not that it's much better, but at least it isn't useless computer screens).

Gotta love a good old sealife though. Noone can get bored of the same boring fishes doing the same boring thing!

The current opening date is apparently now June. Pushing it just a little bit for "spring" really!

I love how no-one in this topic, until Jordan's post, could care any less about the idea of a new SEA-LIFE Centre.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest, it's just there's not a lot to talk about when it's being constructed indoors away from view of everyone :p. I'd agree June is really pushing it for Spring though, not massively fussed about the wait til then it has to be said.

It'll be nice for those up north with passes to have a wander round when they're at the Trafford Centre though - which for me is pretty much a weekly visit :).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking forward to it, too! :D

This recently posted picture shows some construction works being interrupted by a plastic person on their Facebook page:

539602_493045147397776_1334193719_n.jpg

I'd assume this would be part of an Ocean Tank.

Make sure you give the BIg fish a BIG wave in the BIG tank.

- -
Does look another well themed Sea Life though, theyve certainly come a long way in the past few years, I remember them in the 90s being horrible looking places.

MAP Team via email said:
Be one of the first to experience the amazing underwater world at SEA LIFE Manchester with your Merlin Annual Pass!

We'd like to offer you the chance to be one of the first to experience SEA LIFE Manchester, your brand new, local SEA LIFE centre with your Merlin Annual Pass!

You'll be transported into an amazing underwater world where you can marvel at the incredible life of the sea turtle, come nose to nose with sharks and experience astonishingly close views of everything from humble starfish and seahorses to graceful rays, you can't get any closer without getting wet!

The centre has an amazing array of over 5,000 sea creatures within 30 different displays including an amazing Underwater Ocean Tunnel as well as some unannounced features!

You can be one of the first to visit the newest SEA LIFE attraction at intu Trafford Centre in Manchester at our Passholder Preview Event on the 1st June. We'll be limiting the number of tickets for this event so that you can take your time to explore this amazing new attraction.

Demand for this event will be high therefore it is pre-book only and tickets are limited to one per Passholder. Click here to reserve your FREE tickets, we strongly recommend you book early to avoid disappointment!

I'm tempted!

I've come across the flyers for the new Sea Life in Manchester very recently, stating:

"NEW! Pre-book your tickets online from only £12 and guarantee entry"

"Over 5,000 Creatures
Touchpool Experience
Spectacular Underwater Ocean Tunnel"

Whilst on the back, they seem to be flogging a new Annual Pass for both Sea Life and Legoland Discovery Centre that'll give you 15 months for the price of 12. Doesn't expand further on what the costs will actually be though.