• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Seat Belt Extentions

blackholes crow

TS Member
hi all
just wondering for those that are of the larger class is there any devices that can make the belt longer out there if so where could you get them from? as im struggling to find any, apart from aircraft and cars
if anyone can help it would be awesome
thanks guys and girls ^^

Rita seat belts are different fittings to the oblivion/Nemesis ones. Even if you do extend the seat belts, restraints have to click in so far to register with the computer before they can send the cars off. I've often seen guest having buckled up with the seat belts, still being told to disembark as the restraints aren't locked properly in place.

Jon81uk beat me to this post as I was in the middle of typing the above

I personally can't see any ride operator will allow you to attach a seat-belt extension to a ride without first being tested and cleared by the H&S team. There is a good reason why a seat belt on a rollercoaster is only a certain length and the ones on Rita are adjustable. If these rides were designed to take longer belts or extensions, then they will be built with longer belts or the ride ops will have belt extensions sitting close by for you to use.

The best policy would to be for you to contact the theme/amusement park that you wish to ride these rollercoasters at and ask them what there policy's are and what is the maximum chest size that the rides are able to accommodate.

I know this must be frustrating for you not to be able to ride certain rides due to your build. I know people who are too tall to ride Thirteen and Spinball, as well as adults that are too short to ride the main rollercoasters and take my wife for instance, she is unable to ride any of the rides and take part in most activities due to her medical condition.

I'm almost certain that no park will allow you to use an extension.

The belts on the rides have to be checked and signed off every morning. Unless you can get maintenance to also sign off your belt there's no way they'd allow it. The risk of your belt being defective and the massive PR disaster if it was to break mid-ride would be a gamble not worth taking in the parks eyes.

its not for me,
its just for the larger people who want to ride (in this day and age people are getting bigger not smaller) so i was just wondering for the future ^^
anyways thank you all for your input

Head to Zamperla, they have belt extensions for a Disk-O. Or even better, remove all seatbelts from rides to improve throughput and if people can't fit, make them do the walk of shame off the ride (to the gym, or more likely KFC)

This thread reminds me of going to a checkout with a ridiculous amount of alcohol that 1 person shouldn't really be consuming. Me to cashier: "It's not for me, promise" :)

Imma fat bast'd myself, but my golden rule has always been that if and when I ever get "bounced" from a ride... it's time to reach for the slimfast.

If we're talking about the seatbelts on an over shoulder restraint, they are only a back-up should the main restraint fail.... which has never happened. So if you can't fit in the "wide boy" seats, I'm afraid you won't get on nomatter what.

does anyone know the actual maximum waist and chest size for rides at AT?
it differs from ride to ride, depending to the restraint. AT's website only states height info for each individual ride (i just checked). The only way to find out is to check the restriction boards or try the test seats.

it differs from ride to ride, depending to the restraint. AT's website only states height info for each individual ride (i just checked). The only way to find out is to check the restriction boards or try the test seats.

that's a shame, visiting with a friend would be handy to have a rough idea, dress size would be handy? If someone is a size 18 would they struggle?

does anyone know the actual maximum waist and chest size for rides at AT?

It's in the FAQ. https://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/faq#desktop-sub-2-55 Under theme park then the question is how restrictive are the restraints.

But I've copied the list below

-----

A number of our rides have test seats outside their entrances, due to restrictive nature of some of our rides restraints, as a guide here are the chest width restrictions for the rides which are affected.

Galactica 48 inches
Rita 48 inches
Nemesis 52 inches
Oblivion 52 inches
The Smiler 56 inches
TH13TEEN Restrictive, please speak to a member of staff
Spinball Whizzer Restrictive, please speak to a member of staff

Please be aware: Spinball Whizzer has a maximum weight limit of 111kg.

These restrictions have been decided by individual ride manufacturers due to health and safety regulations.

-----

I would add that on Nemesis and Oblivion it would be the special larger seats that have the 52" limit, most seats are smaller (48" at a guess for smaller seats).