• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld & Aquatica San Antonio

Well, looks like the Mack Powersplash might be out and a weird next gen launched/elevator lift/airtime hill filled Intamin flume might be in!

Interesting that it could feature a standard lift hill when most Intamin flume rides exclusively use elevators after the Cedar Point incident.

Visited the park on Sunday, solid day overall. Texas Stingray is a great addition, very solid GCI coaster with fantastic airtime down the first drop in the back rows. Tidal Surge is also ridiculously huge, absolutely one of the most visually impressive flat rides in the world. This ride also provided excellent airtime compared to some other S&S swings that I have ridden, far superior to both Rush and the one at Silver Dollar City.

Overall the park is looking very fresh. New paint schemes on several rides, refurbs to aquariums and animal habitats. There are also new sets at some stadiums.

Intamin flume should be a great fit for 2023, it was baking hot and the water rides had by far the longest waits.

I hear a new roller coaster is in the works for 2024, no idea what it is beyond that though.

Visited the park today, still considering writing a proper trip report shortly.

Loved the park, Steel Eel lots of fun, almost Magnum esque bunny hills towards the end.

Best coaster hands down is Texas Stingray, another GCI triumph. Certainly hauls through the layout.

Tidal Surge is ridiculously good fun, especially when your sat so looking straight down at the lake when it swings outwards.

Work was ongoing on the site of the old flume for the new one.

With disasters like Pilgrim's Plunge and Shoot the Rapids barely in the rear view mirror, it amazes me how anyone goes near Intamin for water rides.

They call it a flume coaster, yet it’s not a coaster!

Certainly looks interesting. Not sure if I fully trust Intamin with some of what it does though!

Here's some testing footage from Catapult Falls. Was this perhaps expected to be open by now ? You would think that they would at the very latest want it open over the 4th July period.

Anyway, it's testing. Still think that this has Intamin maintenance headache written all over it.

I'd completely forgotten about this! Looks like far from routine testing at this stage, which suggests it could still be a little while off opening. Intamin and water rides, what could possibly go wrong? Answer: everything!

I'd completely forgotten about this! Looks like far from routine testing at this stage, which suggests it could still be a little while off opening. Intamin and water rides, what could possibly go wrong? Answer: everything!
Yeah it's gone under the radar a bit hasn't it.

Catapult Falls has now been delayed to 2024: https://seaworld.com/san-antonio/rides/catapult-falls/

That’s a shame; I thought it might be on for a summer opening given that it started testing. Nonetheless, slow and steady does win the race, and I’m sure that the delay will allow SeaWorld and Intamin to better hash out whatever problems it may be having!

An Intamin ride being delayed?

Catapult Falls has now been delayed to 2024: https://seaworld.com/san-antonio/rides/catapult-falls/

That’s a shame; I thought it might be on for a summer opening given that it started testing. Nonetheless, slow and steady does win the race, and I’m sure that the delay will allow SeaWorld and Intamin to better hash out whatever problems it may be having!
That is a shame. I hope that this means that the ride will have little to no problems when it actually opens.

Texas love a delayed ride it seems

Aquaman - 3 years late
Doctor Diabolical missed the original opening date
The new for 2023 Kid Flash is in mid construction
Cotaland with Palindrome and Switch Breaker
And now this.