• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

It's likely to be an Intamin like Juvelen, most rumours have suggested that.
I agree. Without any other knowledge besides the rumours of the type of ride we’ll be seeing, I’m predicting that this is most likely to be an Intamin “straddle coaster” like Arctic Rescue and DarKoaster, as SeaWorld are seemingly quite enamoured with that ride type at the moment. Such a ride would also make sense with the Antarctica/snow theme they’d likely give it (seeing as it’s in the Antarctica area and the project name is “Toboggan”).

I do have one thing that leads me away from that ride type slightly, though… Hagrid’s. Given that Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, a very similar ride with an absolutely ludicrous budget dedicated to it that SeaWorld could never realistically match, is located very nearby and is arguably the magnum opus of that type of ride, would SeaWorld really want to build that style of ride when they’re unlikely to be able to better Hagrid’s down the road? SeaWorld seem to be trying very hard to offer something different to Disney and Universal as of late, and I wonder if building a ride similar to Hagrid’s but likely not as elaborate would undermine that.

I’m probably overthinking it a bit, but it was just a thought I had. Nonetheless, I do concede that an Intamin straddle coaster sounds like the most likely option at present, in my opinion.

I mean Universal opening Hagrid bike coaster didn't stop Disney building a clone of Tron in Florida.
They are different though, in that Hagrid's 'motorbike seat' isn't actually a true motorbike seat, whereas Tron's is.

They obviously wouldn't be able to match Hagrid or Tron on theming, but they absolutely could in terms of layout. Juvelen is fantastic fun and a coaster of that scale would sit quite nicely in SWO's line up as an intro family thrill coaster. The queue time would be considerably less as well than its Universal/Disney counterparts.

Could be snow mobile themed so they're not venturing too far from the pre-existing theming?

Mako is currently being repainted by Baynum Painting:

I noticed that quite a few areas of it were looking a bit faded in recent POVs, so it’s great to see that they’re doing this work to the ride!

The ride has been shut for around a month so far, and it will reopen “in a few weeks”.

I like how Pipeline's exit store is called 'High Surf', as that was supposed to be the name of the ride, but the day before the planned announcement they ended up having to announce the park was closing for Hurricane Ian, then when Orlando flooded for over a week, they decided High Surf was not appropriate and changed the name to Pipeline.

Mako is currently being repainted by Baynum Painting:

I noticed that quite a few areas of it were looking a bit faded in recent POVs, so it’s great to see that they’re doing this work to the ride!

The ride has been shut for around a month so far, and it will reopen “in a few weeks”.

How do you paint a coaster built over water?

Looks like you stand on the track and do it to me.

Last edited: