• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

I suspect there is a much bigger plan across the Sea World portfolio, and this abundance of coaster investment is just the beginning...
Indeed, 2025 seems to be the year for a new resort hotel opening, very likely in Orlando too. It will likely take over the employee parking lot behind Infinity Falls/Mako. I can very easily see new hotels in Tampa and San Diego following quickly.

If they go with another B&M could we see a large wing coaster as currently there is no Wing Coasters in Florida. Or if they really want a standout ride could they add a Giga, I know they have Mako but that hasn’t stopped Carowinds, kings Island and Canada's wonderland. Although rumours often point to Busch gardens getting a Giga.

If they go with another B&M could we see a large wing coaster as currently there is no Wing Coasters in Florida. Or if they really want a standout ride could they add a Giga, I know they have Mako but that hasn’t stopped Carowinds, kings Island and Canada's wonderland. Although rumours often point to Busch gardens getting a Giga.
I have no evidence whatsoever for this - just me thinking like SEAS, but I could see a world in which both SWO and BGT get gigas. One more traditional B&M giga style, and one more unconventional LSM launch giga from Intamin.

I have no evidence whatsoever for this - just me thinking like SEAS, but I could see a world in which both SWO and BGT get gigas. One more traditional B&M giga style, and one more unconventional LSM launch giga from Intamin.
Yeah I could certainly see that as both of those types of coasters have been rumoured for Busch over the last year or two.

Mad to see all this investment by SEAS and universal whilst all Disney are doing currently is adding a Moana themed water feature into Epcot.
There are lots of talk of Disney working on some big projects for the American parks, prob is will be likely 2027 before we start to see these open. From what heard the expansion hinted last year for the back of big thunder is making progress and Likly to be green lit. Animal kingdom is expected to get something new (whether this is the blue sky moana/zootopia area they talked about last year or something else). Plus possibility of an additional major ride/area at Hollywood studios being rumoured as well, with Indiana Jones being a possibility for a land replacing the stunt-show and surrounding area.

Will be interesting to see all the Orlando parks continue to expand etc and certainly shows why competition is good, as we certainly wouldn’t have had all the additions at all three resorts we have over the past 13 years if Harry Potter hadn’t had turned around universals fortunes,

A giga at SeaWorld Orlando would be unexpected, but not necessarily that unprecedented given that 3 Cedar Fair parks with B&M hypers have built B&M gigas as a follow up, and in some cases, these have been in incredibly quick succession to the hypers. If I’m remembering correctly, Leviathan came only 4 years after Behemoth and Fury 325 came only 5 years after Intimidator.

As scary as it is for me to contemplate given that it feels like barely any time has passed since it was announced and built and since I rode it in its opening year, Mako is 7 years old now. That’s long enough that it would not be overly unprecedented for SeaWorld to follow it up with a B&M giga.

Although if a scenario similar to what @MakoMania suggests of one park getting a B&M giga and one park getting an Intamin giga were to play out, I’d probably prefer for the B&M to go to Busch and the Intamin to go to SeaWorld for the sake of differentiation from Mako in Orlando and giving each park something reasonably unique to its lineup.

There’s one flaw in that idea, however… would a giga really fit in and around the Wild Arctic area? Ice Breaker is right next to it, and if I’m remembering correctly, there isn’t tons of space around Wild Arctic. Or anywhere around SeaWorld Orlando, for that matter.

There’s one flaw in that idea, however… would a giga really fit in and around the Wild Arctic area? Ice Breaker is right next to it, and if I’m remembering correctly, there isn’t tons of space around Wild Arctic. Or anywhere around SeaWorld Orlando, for that matter.
If a giga (or any large out and back coaster) were on the table, the station could go near Wild Arctic with a layout extending over the car park/toll booths/undeveloped land inbetween the toll booths and Central Florida Parkway.

Wouldn't be surprised if the parking fees alone can fund new rides at SEAS parks, $35 for standard at Busch Gardens, and we complain about £6 or what ever it is at Alton Towers.

Wouldn't be surprised if the parking fees alone can fund new rides at SEAS parks, $35 for standard at Busch Gardens, and we complain about £6 or what ever it is at Alton Towers.

It’s $25 at Disneyworld and $30 at Universal though so not too out of line. Although Seaworld have slightly lower admission prices but charge more for food in the park as well as the slightly higher parking.

I wonder what the price of a B&M family coaster might look like and how it might compare to similar models from other manufacturers

You'd think a B&M family coaster would cost more than say a Mack or Gerstlauer family coaster, for example. But SeaWorld clearly have a bulk deal with B&M which will reduce the cost per coaster, and this is a new model so that may also allow for some sort of prototype discount (no idea though).

Obviously B&M track is fabricated in the US, so you would also imagine it is cheaper for US parks than European parks to get a B&M due to import costs. Again, not really sure how it works with coasters.

Some aerial images of the track and construction work by bioreconstruct. It's rather odd to see such diddy B&M track!

F4iDCePWIAA64q-

F4iDVSXWAAALFgl

F4iCrlnXUAA_dFZ
F4iCLsVXQAAgZfV

F4iCc0_WkAADglw

Icebreaker and Pipeline must be the worst two consecutive coaster additions at a major park in history surely? Finally rode both yesterday and they are both without a single redeeming feature. Both have horrifyingly uncomfortable restraints (particularly Icebreaker with its shin destroying leg guards) and both have layouts which do nothing of worth. Truly a disaster after Manta and Mako, both of which are excellent.

Notwithstanding the awful rides, SWO in general was disappointing. Kraken closed for "annual maintenance", Empire Of The Penguin area looking abysmal and with a mystifyingly slow moving queue (construction aside). The Beluga & Walrus exhibit was frankly depressing and looked quite run down. Operations absolutely atrocious, not a shred of urgency to be found anywhere. Pipeline taking 5 minutes per dispatch.

All that and they then have the cheek to add a mandatory 5% surcharge on top of their already extortionate prices in-park.

Won't be visiting again next time I come to Orlando that's for sure, B&M family or not!

Icebreaker and Pipeline must be the worst two consecutive coaster additions at a major park in history surely? Finally rode both yesterday and they are both without a single redeeming feature. Both have horrifyingly uncomfortable restraints (particularly Icebreaker with its shin destroying leg guards) and both have layouts which do nothing of worth. Truly a disaster after Manta and Mako, both of which are excellent.

Notwithstanding the awful rides, SWO in general was disappointing. Kraken closed for "annual maintenance", Empire Of The Penguin area looking abysmal and with a mystifyingly slow moving queue (construction aside). The Beluga & Walrus exhibit was frankly depressing and looked quite run down. Operations absolutely atrocious, not a shred of urgency to be found anywhere. Pipeline taking 5 minutes per dispatch.

All that and they then have the cheek to add a mandatory 5% surcharge on top of their already extortionate prices in-park.

Won't be visiting again next time I come to Orlando that's for sure, B&M family or not!
How interesting.

I visited last week and had a completely different experience. I found the park clean, tidy and in much better presentation than my last visit in 2015.

The park was quiet and so operations were slower than anticipated, but this did not impact my day. Pipeline barely had a queue (1 or 2 train wait at most) and was running two trains, with all other coasters being practically walk-on.

Kraken was open, thankfully, though I did find it was running on square wheels. I am not surprised it is now down for maintenance.

Pipeline was my surprise coaster of the trip (and I visited all Disney & Universal parks!). I enjoyed the ride experience immensely, though the vest restraint became uncomfortable after a time (it really is tight on the collarbone!).

Icebreaker was a good coaster, which I enjoyed a few re-rides on, and I didn’t find the shin guards any worse than other coasters with the same design!

I did not visit any of the exhibits through personal choice and therefore can’t comment on their presentation.

I often wonder how the mindset of a person impacts their enjoyment of a day at any park. I was absolutely content to spend my day slowly wandering between rides, making sure to stop by the bar in the afternoon so that Russell could sample the beer flight.

Perhaps you had a more critical mindset and higher expectation?

I will be going back in future!

(Edit - removed reference to Icebreaker having comfort collar. I got confused with Tigris at Busch!)

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts!

I find myself more in agreement with @Alastair regarding Pipeline. I was very excited for it, and I had high hopes based on the very positive initial reviews, but I was very disappointed. While it’s got a good layout and some surprisingly strong airtime, and it’s a very smooth ride, I just found the standup trains and the execution of the “jumping” a bit too uncomfortable to overly rate it. It was definitely the big disappointment of my June trip to Florida for me.

On the flip side, I agree far more with @Sazzle on Ice Breaker. I had very low expectations for Ice Breaker, as reviews are generally quite poor, but I absolutely loved it and thought it was a great ride, with a fun and punchy swing launch sequence and some absolutely fantastic airtime! While the trains were admittedly awkward to get into and out of, they didn’t overly bother me once I was sat down (although there were no comfort collars when I rode). Overall, I absolutely loved the ride and thought it was fantastic; a definite sleeper hit of my trip!

Neither ride quite beats Mako as my favourite on park, though; now that is one sublime ride!

Another perfect example of how life is a matter of subjectivity.

I found the jumping on Pipeline to be a real hoot! I had no uncomfortable experience whatsoever, and even checked with the husband whether that was related to my anatomy versus his, but he was similar in his experience. Not as much as on old stand-ups!

Pipeline will deteriorate with age I have no doubt, but at the moment and in my experience it’s fun and unique.

Wouldn’t life be boring if we were all the same :)

Edit;
I found Mako very middle of the road. The second half after the mid course is very bland!!