• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Didn't at say somewhere a while back that more substantial worlds firsts were their style, I remember them saying that these sort of firsts are pointless cause people will always come and beat it, so that you lose the crown

What do you guys think of the name sledgehammer being the name of the ride, as you might feel like you've been hit by one after riding it?

Swes said:
What do you guys think of the name sledgehammer being the name of the ride, as you might feel like you've been hit by one after riding it?
Interesting idea, but don't think it'd be in any way in-keeping with the general theme in X-Sector.

Swes said:

With that logic, it could be call "change of underwear required" ;D

my apology for lowering the tone

Longy said:
Are we expecting track to arrive over the coming week?

I'm excited!

It's looking like concrete will be poured into the site over the next few days, so really track should be arriving soon too.

It really looks like building work has stepped up a gear towards the back end of the season which is good, I'm really excited too :)

We believe concrete will begin pouring this week, track arrival is expected soon but we do believe we wont see much vertical construction before the season end if any.

Towers are recording the site with time-lapse over the winter but how they will use that imagery is unknown.

And as a special bonus. A couple of photos from this afternoon.
P1020568.JPG

Whats that black stuff down there.. Ohh it looks like concrete is coming real soon.
P1020566.JPG

The builder standing in the hole gives you a chance to see how deep it is. But still I can only see a corkscrew like on Saw fitting in there

More than a corkscrew surely...

Remember that the building will also be above ground level, leaving quite a height to play with.

Its come on quite a bit since Monday, with lots more of the steel put in place, I can see concreate coming tomorrow or Tuesday if they are putting plastic sheeting down now.

Yes perhaps room for two inversions then, I think more than that could be a little rough

willb said:

Remember that the building will also be above ground level, leaving quite a height to play with.

Hmm the MOJ face has spirals for eyes. Those look a bit corkscrewy to me. You want a ride name. How about something that pays homage to the coaster that made towers, corkscrew's revenge, or corkscrew 2.

stretchy said:
willb said:

Hmm the MOJ face has spirals for eyes. Those look a bit corkscrewy to me. You want a ride name. How about something that pays homage to the coaster that made towers, corkscrew's revenge, or corkscrew 2.
Corkscrew 2 just sounds like a bad B-movie, IMO. I doubt very much that it'll pay homage to any previous coaster at Towers.

Not a chance that it will be corkscrew 2. My feeling towards this is that there will be a large underground section of the ride. There is a lot of excavation that should (in theory) all be underground if the plans are anything to go by.

Re inversions indoors, I can see one or two but I can see a 'show room' of some sorts and some trick track that rotates around its axis (as mentioned previously by someone) hence the swirls on the face. And i think the two of them somehow relates to the dueling aspect of the ride

SPOILER ALERT

Forgive me for linking to TowersTimes, but this seems to suggest what some on here were thinking the secret element is now seems more likely to be true?

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/news. ... &ucat=1,9&

Looks pretty good if so - but a shame I stumbled across it by accident :(

Again - TTF go into quite some detail, so if you don't want to read any 'unofficial but more likely to be true than most' speculation, I would urge you not to click the above link :)

Even with the disclaimer, I would've thought that Towers won't be happy if they're right and have published it online! Expect the article to be pulled within the next few days if they're anything close to being correct. (That said, I'm not sure TTF would do so easily - they havent even put a spoiler warning on the homepage!)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.