• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Selected rides opening from 11:00am - Reversed

News just in from the TowersStreet Facebook page:

TowersStreet said:
News just in from the Alton Towers Resort, the Rita shop is now
back open, after being closed for the past few weeks due to budget cuts!

This does now mean that there is not a single cut they have made so far this year which has not seen a reversal to some extent. Does this suggest that management cannot identify the right areas where cuts should be made?

WTF? After they had gone to the effort of removing all stock and shelving and putting in a curtain between the Picsolve counter and the empty space...

How long now until Spinball Noodles and Rehydrator re-open and the seating goes back out? I'm not complaining that it's being reversed but it just seems ridiculous!

Jordan said:
News just in from the TowersStreet Facebook page:

TowersStreet said:
News just in from the Alton Towers Resort, the Rita shop is now
back open, after being closed for the past few weeks due to budget cuts!

This does now mean that there is not a single cut they have made so far this year which has not seen a reversal to some extent. Does this suggest that management cannot identify the right areas where cuts should be made?
There's still the chairs...

This is a good decision, even though it was another cut-reversal.
Hopefully, we'll see the return of all shops to opening time, if they're still closed.

At least Alton, well Merlin, know that they've done wrong!

This is getting rather strange now. Why go to the effort of completely gutting the shop and putting up a curtain if you are going to go back on your decision and re-open it a couple of weeks later? It's pretty clear that Towers need to make cuts, in my opinion they're better off just sticking with the cuts that they have right now until the end of the season instead of going back on almost every single one and then following it up with a new cut. I think we can just about cope with a few outlets closed for the rest of the season even if it does look bad. All these so called "trials" are getting a little silly now, it is as if either they or Merlin don't know what to or not to do.

:)

Its probably costing them more money than its saving. When they closed the Rita shop they had it all completly emptied, with a new curtain put up. Now its re opened they have had to pay someone to put everything back in the shop and I imagine remove the curtain.

I suspect that's likely. However today was a 5.00 ride close. It was however, quite busy. No way would it have been a 5.00 in recent years.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Better them closing when they say they're going to close than closing rides or an hour earlier though, eh?

Absolutely, but the park is barely manageable even for experts like us if it's busyish and closes at 5.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Psychoaster said:
Better them closing when they say they're going to close than closing rides or an hour earlier though, eh?

Interesting logic. We should be greatful for the generousity of closing when they say they will be.

From the TowersStreet Facebook page:

487314_358578350879282_1514481604_n.jpg

I suppose this makes more sense. The shop was never open and at least the vending machines may get some use. All of the Nemesis/Sub-Terra merch is sold in the Air Shop and Towers Trading anyway. Though I do think the vending machines look a little out of place.

:)

The NS-T stall looks better like that. Still looks out of place though due to it's positioning in the area.

In regards to the Rita shop being re-opened. Such a waste of time closing it and all the effort covering the shop up in the first place! I don't really blame Alton management for reversing these cuts. However in future they need to look at things more carefully. It looks pretty bad on the company image when things are being changed and changed back every month. They need to make their minds up and set upon it.

It was a poorly thought out shop anyway... Most people ignored it, it's not close enough to the attraction for people to link them together and it was only ever open on 'busy' days anyway.

Ideally I'd like to see it relocated nearer the Stag rather than replaced with vendors but I guess at least the shutters aren't closed.

Spark said:
Shame they decide to not have a shop, I wonder if SW7 will have one?
I think SW7 probably will have a shop. It's the biggest attraction that's been installed at Towers for a number of years, and it would be silly to not have one, IMO. :)

SW7 will have an indoor shop. :) Surprisingly the SW7 shop will not be a shipping container! :p

Sub-Terra did originally have a full shop planned, although it was dropped due to budgetary issues. It's a shame, could have been useful to have a shop dedicated for Nemmy merch. But then if Sub-Terra did have a shop it would have been unlikely to have seen the maze added to the end of it!

I dont mind the vending machines, and I think they look much better than a closed shop. The shop looked rubbish when it was open anyway as it hardly had anything in it because it was so small, plus being no where near Nemesis or Sub Terra didnt help.

I would rather have a shop near the exit of Sub Terra, but that might block the view of the exit which I think looks good seeing people come out the ride scared. I think the coke vending machine is from near the mine train, as that has now disapeared.