• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Selected rides opening from 11:00am - Reversed

Alton really would have been better just keeping the vending machines in all quelines. I mean they even have Walls vending machines for ice creams now so theres no excuse this would cut costs down instead of opening the kiosks. Ive rarley seen anybody buy anything from queline vending machines anyway.

LordOfDarkness said:
Don't know if its been pointed out but the only thing reversed are the rides.

Every que line store has remained closed along with Rita's Store, Spinball Noodles & The rest of the original list.

Thirteen's queueline shop is open at times. It was open on both Friday and Sunday. I've not seen the others open for a long time though.

I would imagine that all the retail cuts will remain. There is certainly no chance of the Rita shop re-opening any time soon as it has been completely gutted of all stock and shelving.

:)

Dave said:
Guys this topic is for serious discussion (mostly) so no completely pointless joke posts or posts with just a picture.

It stalls debate and people may take comments seriously which then gives us a huge problem. We have the Tavern for the deliciously silly.

Thanks

Apologies!

It's important to note that queue line kiosks are only ever, and only ever were, open when the demand saw it necessary.

However, what is somewhat ironic is that many of the queue line kiosks were only put in in the last year or so. To see them closed almost makes it look like a waste of money.

I guess if the park are busy, they'd make money from them.

I do belive the only way to solve these cuts is get rid of ERT.

Hardly any parks around the world offer ERT and lets be honest Pass holders come enough times to need that extra time, now i know its a way to sell more and get people to buy thier tickets online but a cut needs to be made somewhere.

If they dont cut something soon, I am really worried that scarefest and fireworks are fast coming in to what will be hit.

The park does need to make cuts somewhere and ERT i think is the last thing they can do.

It is a shame to see a park in this state but we need to allow them to make cuts otherwise the ride next year may be hit as well.

ryansstuff said:
I do belive the only way to solve these cuts is get rid of ERT.
No, no, no! Especially not when we all moaned about cutting hours at the start of the season!

Hardly any parks around the world offer ERT and lets be honest Pass holders come enough times to need that extra time, now i know its a way to sell more and get people to buy thier tickets online but a cut needs to be made somewhere.
No, it's not simply a way to get people to buy online, nor is it even really to attract passholders. It is a hotel guest benefit and one that should be kept! To say hardly any parks do it is ridiculous! Extra Magic Hours at Disney for example? Europa's (short) ERT? Those are just two! ERT is not a strange thing and should not be scrapped just because passholders come regularly.

Like I said, it was created as a hotel privilege and is one that should not go, under any circumstances.

ryansstuff said:
Hardly any parks around the world offer ERT

Is that not because most parks around the world either open at 9am or open much later into the evening? The UK really do have the shortest opening hours of theme parks anywhere.

I'd suspect what needs cutting more drastically is the no doubt vast and sparwling beast that is Merlin's back offices.

The only way to go about it, is just to accept that the economy is not doing fantastically well, and bare the brunt of lower profit margins for the sake of guests having a good time, wanting to return, and thinking the place is worth the money.

No cutting anything which irritates people. ERT won't be cut especially - it's one of the biggest/sole benefits of being an annual pass holder or hotel guest. You do need some sort of thing to entice people to spend that money.

Being on park today with lots of queues and only a 5.00 ride close. You would never know they were 'in trouble'.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I know many people planning to visit this Summer, way more than last year really! I know that doesn't really mean much but people do seem more positive about the place now, however some people still insist on telling everyone N:ST is rubbish because they went opening week. :-\

AstroDan said:
Being on park today with lots of queues and only a 5.00 ride close. You would never know they were 'in trouble'.

However, it was originally a 530 ride close I believe.

It was. Changed last minute. Park packed.

Wait.... So on a day that is actually busy for once, they close earlier than advertised?

By all accounts it sounds busier than Sunday which was a 5.30. I guess most of the kids left before then anyway, but it still sucks for everyone else.

It just seems the budget isn't there for late opening - the park is not noticeably quieter than last year but closing time is generally half an hour or so earlier than equivalent days last season.

A few minor things I spotted last week but forgot to post here. They have now added a curtain in the Rita photo shop so you cant see into the empty Rita shop. Also as well as all tables and chairs being removed from spinball noodles, they have also removed them all from the lower rehydrator bar.

It's good that the shop has been covered up a bit, but the removal of chairs still seems ridiculous! People often just like to sit down - and will still like to sit down regardless of whether the outlet is open or not. I know that it signals to people that the place is shut, but it seems a bit silly to take all the chairs away!

CoasterCrazyChris said:
djtruefitt said:
they have also removed them all from the lower rehydrator bar.

That's probably a good thing - it was never designed to be a seating area in the first place anyway.

I don't see it as a good thing at all. There were seats there where people could sit or wait whilst friends or family went on Oblivion/Submission/Enterprise. People cannot do this now and instead only have rocks to sit on. Just because there weren't originally seats does not mean that there should never be seats.

Rob said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
djtruefitt said:
they have also removed them all from the lower rehydrator bar.

That's probably a good thing - it was never designed to be a seating area in the first place anyway.

I don't see it as a good thing at all. There were seats there where people could sit or wait whilst friends or family went on Oblivion/Submission/Enterprise. People cannot do this now and instead only have rocks to sit on. Just because there weren't originally seats does not mean that there should never be seats.

I always thought it looked a bit messy and impractical having chairs and tables jammed up next to the vending machines, but you do have a point about there being a lack of seating areas in X-Sector now.