• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Serious questions and musings

I totally agree with being able to choose your time to go. Basically being when you have no quality of life anymore. I've told my family that if I was to have an accident and got severe brain damage or something and was in a coma on life support, I'd rather them let the doctors turn off the machines as I wouldn't want to just exist not being able to do anything if I woke up and just be a burden on my family and society. Once there's no quality of life and only pain it's time to go.

Absolutely.
And one final point on the whole matter.
Pressure, what pressure?
My bed left the ward for A&E before me.
Honestly.
The very nice man from property management didn't ask, I offered, and sat in the chair to wait for my good lady.
He thanked me and left with the bed at speed.
"Bank holiday weekend guv, thanks for the help".
And a thumbs up from us both with a smile.

Local old pirate said it better than me yesterday.
As The Cat said, "It's better to live one hour as a tiger, than a whole lifetime as a worm".
Spot on.

But then again, I didn't know about his obvious prejudice against our bilateral friends...

I'm only catching this conversation late on. But can get the general premise.

I've seen 3 grandparents slowly die with Alzheimer's. Sat in old folks home, with no conversation, not even onkwing if they even know I'm there Or who I am. Or in another case. Holding the same conversation with one, asking how my grandad is over and over again, there is only so many time you can answer positively knowing full well he's been dead 4 years and she was at the funeral. A funeral of her husband of 70 years. Who couldn't even remember why she was at a wake not 30mins later.

Bollocks to that. Ive very little Family, neither me or my brother have bred. If mrs slugjc goes before me then I will be practically on my own. My biggest fear is being trapped in a bed, with a kind nurse turning some comforting music from my past, and having to suffer razorlight with no means of silencing it.

That's not a death worth having.

Lots and lots of conversations in the last few days about people wanting a version of the "special pill" my friend...two with clients, and clients young son, in the last hour.
Oh...and my sis in Canada, seventy and kayaking most days.
Keep it up sis.