• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sesame Place Pennsylvania: General Discussion

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
I decided to make a thread for this park as we don't currently have one. Also, the park is currently releasing teasers on social media about an announcement being made on 20th September. Many on the CoasterForce forum think that this will be a coaster of some sort. What do you guys think it will be? Do you guys think it will be a 2nd coaster? P.S. I can't find the teaser on Facebook anywhere, so I can't link to it.

I personally think that a 2nd coaster would suit this park, possibly a family GCI or GG wooden coaster. Don't really know what it could be themed to other than Elmo, as I never watched Sesame Street as a child. Also, the park's only current coaster is a Vekoma Roller Skater named Vapor Trail.

It's the pinned post here

It could be a coaster I guess. It's a cool little park, but not sure it needs anything larger than Vapor Trail, really. A Splash Battle would be a good fit, it amazes me how little traction those things have got stateside.

Looks like they will be adding a new GCI kiddie wooden coaster in 2018 which will be the biggest ride in park history.

Makes sense since SeaWorld has worked with GCI before.
I think this might actually be a Gravity Group, but I'm not too sure. In other news, the ride will be called Oscar's Wacky Taxi, and the park has posted a digital POV:

EDIT:Not sure how I can embed the video.

Here's the POV:

I'm almost certain it is a Gravity Group, it's very similar in style to Roar-o-saurus. Great if so, they seem to be much more exciting than a GCI.

Here's the POV:

I'm almost certain it is a Gravity Group, it's very similar in style to Roar-o-saurus. Great if so, they seem to be much more exciting than a GCI.

Another thing making me think Gravity Group is the sort of software used to make the virtual ride. Strangely, it only seems to be Gravity Group roller coasters that look like this digitally. I'm not sure whether I can actually work out a manufacturer by the software or whether I'm just massively overthinking this...

Here's the POV:

Why are GG "much more exciting" than a GCI?

Both have absolute top drawer coasters.

Well, the ride began testing a while ago, and it opens today! Here's a POV to celebrate! (Sorry it's 360):

Looks so good, and a great ride for the younger guests!