• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shanghai Disneyland

Low resolution 3D model of the castle leaked.

botV69n.jpg

Clearly nobody cares but hey.

Screamscape said:
Park News - (10/16/13) Today we get a look at a more detailed set of plans showing off the “Shopping and Entertainment Area Plan” for Shanghai Disneyland… or in other words, a look at the layout of their version of Downtown Disney. Check it out at Luke & The Temple of Fun.

Here's the link.

Syc0iDg.jpg

Wow, so close to the park. It looks a lot more 'holistic' than other DDs. A lot more natural, and flowing I guess? Those lakeside restaurants will clearly be beautiful to eat at during sunset. :)

I see they've already planned a club 33, which will likely be linked to the entertainments complex?

Also I personally really like the castle. It's hard to say what from the designs but there is something about the style that appeals to me. Overall I'm really looking forward to see what Shanghai Disneyland ends up like as it looks to buck quite a few traditional Disney designs.

Screamscape said:
Park News - (11/4/13) Luke and the Temple of Fun has an interesting update this week as the Shanghai Metro has published artwork for six different themed proposals to see how the Chinese people think that the Shanghai Disneyland subway station building should be designed, both interior and exterior. There are some amazing looking concepts out there… so make the jump and see which one you like best compared to how the people of China are voting.

Voting - quite a novel concept in China!

Click the link to see all the plans in full. I definitely like the second, A Fantasy Journey for You, best.

Screamscape said:
Park News - (11/26/13) The WDW Magic forums have come up with a fantastic find… a complete list of the names to be used for the lands, gift shops, food stands, restaurants and rides for Shanghai Disneyland. You can make the jump to see the complete list of everything, but I’ll break down the list of major attractions by land for you:
Adventure Isle – Roaring Rapids, Soaring Over the Horizon, Camp Discovery Challenge Trail
Fantasyland – Hunny Pot Spin, Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland Maze, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Fantasia Carousel
Tomorrowland – Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue, Jet Packs, Tron Lightcycles Power Run, Stitch Encounter
Toy Story Land – Rex’s Racers, Slinky Dog Spin
Treasure Cove – Explorer Canoes, Pirates of the Caribbean – Battle for the Sunken Treasure
Make the jump over to the WDW Magic forums to see the rest.

So what are the big casualties? Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Small World (yes!) seem to be the biggest absences....

But the Lightcycles duelling cred will be so much better than another Space Mountain...

No Big Thunder (or equivalent either), though that may be slated for future expansion like Hong Kong eventually getting Mystic Manor...

There are couple of other names listed that Screamscape didn't mention as it is not 100% known yet if these are rides/attractions, although they are expected to be-

Hundred Acre Wood- Most likely a play area

"Once Upon a Time" Adventure - a fantasy land ride, possible a dark ride combining a number of different fairy tales

Voyage to the Crystal Grotto- the boat ride that's been rumoured to be below the castle.

The park also seem to have a fair few shows planned as well with a fair few show stages-

EASTSIDE PERFORMANCE VENUE
El Teatro Fandango
Stunt Theater (expected to be a large scale pirate stunt show)
Woody's Roundup
Arena E Stage
Westside Performance Venue
Storybook Castle Stage Spectacular

while their will always be rides that are missing from the line up I think is a fairly decent launch line up of rides and attractions and good to see changing things up a bit from most other magic kingdom style parks. The pirate ride is meant to be a new E ticket version of the existing pirates with boats that can change direction, I also read it likely to have a splash mountain style finale. The rapids are meant to have a dinosaur theme. Plus good to see adding a version the seven dwarfs mine train than just adding a standard vekoma roller-skater like some of the other fantasy lands have.

A bit of a clarification about what rides will be included, and in what form. :)

Screamscape said:
Park News - (12/5/13) Disney & More goes over a few more details for Shanghai Disneyland and how the park’s attraction slate has developed so far. They also make a point I forgot to mention… that the listed Stitch Encounter attraction is NOT the one from Walt Disney World. This would be the digital character interaction attraction as seen at Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland, inspired by same Turtle Talk with Crush concept from Epcot. They also believe that the rumored dinosaur theming is still in place for the Roaring Rapids ride and that Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue may be an entirely new dark ride experience and not another clone of the shoot-em up Buzz rides we’ve seen open elsewhere.

Well worth a read of the full article. They might be going a bit too far here to rip up the rulebook. No Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion OR Big Thunder? Surely at least one of those classics should have made the grade...

Wow, now that's impressive, shame I won't be visiting for at least two decades! ::) What is with Disney and Vekoma, they can't get enough of each other! :p

What's this I hear about no Big Thunder Mountain!! :eek: You can't have a Disney park without that! It's my favorite out of all the Disney classics. :(

BenBowser said:
Wow, now that's impressive, shame I won't be visiting for at least two decades! ::) What is with Disney and Vekoma, they can't get enough of each other! :p

What's this I hear about no Big Thunder Mountain!! :eek: You can't have a Disney park without that! It's my favorite out of all the Disney classics. :(

Hong Kong Disneyland didn't open with anything, no Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, it's a small world or Big Thunder Mountain!

Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain were the first major attractions the park got with the exception of Space Mountain

Treasure Cove is coming to Shanghai Disneyland.

On this day in 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim. Nearly 50 years later, as part of The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled creative details including the first-ever Pirates-themed land and a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort. We wanted you to be among the first to have all the details.

SHAN343434-613x371.jpg

“Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most iconic attractions in our parks, and we really couldn’t imagine Shanghai Disneyland without Pirates,” said Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO. “We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that would appeal to our Chinese guests while remaining true to its Disney heritage.”

For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an e-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation to bring guests along a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing our guests who visit the Shanghai Disneyland Park an experience unlike anything else in the world.
“We are extremely proud of all the work underway to bring the Shanghai Disney Resort to life,” said Tom Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “And we’re excited to re-imagine the iconic world and characters of Pirates for the first time as an entire land that celebrates the creativity, imagination and adventure of both the fan favorite attraction and the popular film franchise.”

SHAN565656-613x313.jpg

The announcement coincides with the completion of key structural work on the Pirates attraction, and marks another exciting milestone in the resort development. Progress continues with construction and Shanghai Disney Resort remains on target to open by the end of 2015.

Until today I've not really looked into Shanghai Disneyland all that much. I never realised how different it was going to be compared to other Disney castle parks. I must say I really like the sound of it though. The Enchanted Storybook Castle is going to be quite different to the castles in other Disney parks and I love the concept of the Gardens of Imagination.

Can't wait to see some photos once the park is completed. Yes there's a lot 'missing' but there are also a lot of unique rides being included. I was also reading that they have space for two additional theme parks to add to the resort in the future.

:)

Some new concepts are construction photos from Disney & More:

The whole resort:
Birdseye-View-of-Overall-Shanghai-Disney-Resortb.jpeg~original

Park with labels added to show attraction locations:
sdlrendbig2titlesc.jpg~original

Shanghai Disneyland Hotel:
SDLhotel.jpg~original

Toy Story Hotel:
sdlhotel2.jpg~original

Construction photos:

967600sdr2.png~original