• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shanghai Disneyland

OK,
so hardly on topic regarding Shanghai Disney,
but it was a matter of comparative social policy within theme parks,
so it does actually have some relevance.;)
Time for another lie down under a shady tree.

Dear Rob,
You post so much sense
that I agree with.
I would like your posts more often,
If you weren't so obsessed
with your
enter key.
xxx

This place looks brilliant! I actually really like the castle, probably the most impressive disney have ever built! Tron looks amazing! Though this park doesn't feature any "Mountains" like the others, just seems a bit of a shame to depart from the tradition.

This park is located in a brilliant position though, I can see a lot of passing trade from Europe when changing flights in shanghai as airlines often have to. If they could connect it up with that airport maglev line just north of it, people from all over the world could end up visiting!

:)

Oh My Disney has uploaded a video of the creating of Shanghai Disneyland Resort. Quite a good watch, actually!

(Sorry it's Facebook, Diogo!)

There's an on ride photo of a interviewer and her camera team with Bob Iger on Pirates of the Caribbean and it is glorious.

ClFO2WTVYAA9sta.jpg

a better quality onride for Pirates,
I still need to know how the effect for Jack is done ! (2min18)
Please help, I dont wanna have to go to Shanghai to find out :confused:

Last edited:
Looking at it, the model is always there but in darkness, with a projector on it with the Skelton and then projector goes off and he lights up.

Looks very impressive and realistic!

I'm not sure, the skeleton looks pretty three dimensional to me. Of course, it's probably a lot simpler than it looks, so I can't rule that out. Would be interesting to see how it looks to the eye.

Baffled!!

I think we're just going to have to organise a TST in Shanghai meet up at this rate....

;)

Disney's go to technique for really cool effects since the 1960s ;)

SPOILERIFIC: Yes, it is pepper's ghost once agian. :D If you look closely, you can see the thin pane of glass/perspex slanted between Jack and the skeleton which based on the glass/perspex angle, appears to be in the concealed hull of the supposed boat, in front of Jack. :)

Work on Toy Story Land, set to open in 2018, has officially begun:

TSCropped2.jpg

*yawn*

This is so uninspired.

Work on Toy Story Land, set to open in 2018, has officially begun:

TSCropped2.jpg

*yawn*

This is so uninspired.

HKDL advertise their Toy Story Land as the only one in Asia :p

Do we know what kind of attractions they'll have? Will it be similar to the new one to be built at WDW, or is it another clone of Paris?

It is being reported that Shanghai Disneyland has attracted over 7 million guests since it opened in June last year and that figure could pass 10 million once the park has its first anniversary. Pretty impressive stuff in the first year of operation. They are expecting to break even as well.

Slightly misleading video as half of those rides are in Hong Kong as apposed to Shanghai. But they are great rides!