• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Side Hustles

Nick🎢

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Spinball Whizzer 😒
There is a lot of negativity etc. Around the economy and the cost of living at the moment. But what I am interested in - who is doing something about it?

What side hustles do people have on? Is it just beer money or is it something long term could take over as your primary income?

From blogging to YouTube channels, up cycling to car boots... What are we up to? And how's it going?

Music for film & TV. It once was a primary income, now secondary/side hustle (very unpredictable income sadly!). It is so unpredictable however that I could certainly imagine it going back to primary again at some point in the future!

Shameless linkage below in the unlikely event that someone on here is in need of score 😏

I'm lucky enough to not be struggling financially, but that doesn't mean we haven't had to cut back on leisure activities. As I'm so worried about the future, I'm throwing everything and the kitchen sink at my debts, savings and pension whilst I'm on a low interest rate mortgage (I got extremely lucky, I got a 5 year fix deal less than 2 months ago for 3.29%). Then of course we know the winter gas and electric bills will start landing on the doorstep.

Although this gives me peace of mind financially, it's decimated our leisure funds. Was going to do Gardaland and Portadventura next year, then cut back to just PA, now nothing at all. I'm not putting anything at all on credit cards now so even a Scarefest trip might not be on the cards. Including Premier Inn, tickets for the family, food and fuel, it's a good £400 for us.

So since I don't want to live financially stable but miserable because I don't ever do anything, I've been thinking about what I could do to raise a bit of side cash. I've thought about Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Just Eat riding. We see the riders all the time at work and I've seen a lot of new faces recently. Bizarrely, it's also got quite busy. I don't know who has the money to order stuff at l premium prices at the moment but online is thriving and seems to be recovering from it's post Covid lull.

Only thing is, with fuel prices what they are, I can't see it being that lucrative. I'm not expecting more than around £5-£7 per hour once fuel costs are taken into account, which would suit me if I do something like 10 hours a week at it. But chatting to an Uber rider the other day who we kept waiting for a couple of minutes, he said they all like picking up from shops and supermarkets because they rarely have to wait and just grab and go. But McDonald's can have them waiting for a good 20 mins for an order they're only getting paid £1.50 to deliver. He said him and another lady waited 40 mins for their orders the other day.

I do a DJ gig down a couple local bars one night on the weekend. I’ve done it for years now so it’s a great fun way to bring in a bit of cash and have a drink whilst doing it too!.

I can’t see it taking over my full time profession, however it’s really only a weekend heavy industry, so it would be hard to make it work full time.

As a sideline a few years ago I invested in crypto currency, I did very well out of my investment then but in the last year it has taken a hit and I lost half of the money I still had invested in various coins.
Now seems a good time to buy again with Bitcoin and XRP probably the two to invest in at the moment, both sitting at a good price point.
It is gambling though so care is needed but the rewards can be extremely high if you bet on the right coin.

I hate the phrase side hustle, right up there with 'life hack' in giving me the rage.

Not along the same lines as intended, but there's money for nothing to be had and I'm always amazed that people don't bother.

Cashback websites, most things bought online have cashback available, all adds up. I've had thousands back over the years.

Shopimum - same sort of savings in stores, buy product, scan receipt get cashback. I've had hundreds back in a couple of years.

Gambling websites, I'm not going to reccomend gambling to make money, that's definitely a bad idea however much I enjoy it, but just by signing up and activating an account with a small bet you can get a free spin daily/weekly that gives you withdrawable cash. Skybet, PaddyPower, tombola, all have a daily spin. Ojo a weekly one. Frequently get a few quid to either play with and try to turn unto something good or withdraw. Got £250 one day on Sky, got £4 this evening. Worth a couple of minutes a day.

Here's a bit of hustle, message me for some referral bonuses for us both on the above!!!!

Last edited:
Some people’s side hustles can be very lucrative. Look at all the landlords, lawyers and investment bankers who have a side hustle being an MP.

These days a lot of employers aren’t very loyal to their staff, so I think important to maintain some balance in your life, so that you’ve got some things to fall back on. I’ve written a book about making queues in theme parks shorter. The cash bonanza hasn’t started yet, but if I could build up a reputation (a positive one, hopefully) then maybe one day I could start a kind of consultancy business helping theme parks to make their queues shorter.

As a sideline a few years ago I invested in crypto currency, I did very well out of my investment then but in the last year it has taken a hit and I lost half of the money I still had invested in various coins.
Now seems a good time to buy again with Bitcoin and XRP probably the two to invest in at the moment, both sitting at a good price point.
It is gambling though so care is needed but the rewards can be extremely high if you bet on the right coin.
Personally, I hate all bitcoin...money generation by massive creation energy cost with zero true production, and all that carbon death for no output.
As a rule I try to take all financial advice by experts on rollercoaster sites with a large pinch of salt.

My own personal side hustle...look after all my real customers very well, then they leave you a nice tax free legacy in their will.

Last edited:
I have built a string of apps, websites and games. None have made any significant income. I look at doing things from a personal development perspective though. The value I get out of it is the experience and lessons that come out of it.

I am currently building a YouTube audience. I have a plan and schedule and stick to it. I don't worry about views for now, just mastering the art and finding from the data what is and what isn't working. It is growing at a steady rate.

Personally, I hate all bitcoin...money generation by massive creation energy cost with zero true production, and all that carbon death for no output.
As a rule I try to take all financial advice by experts on rollercoaster sites with a large pinch of salt.

My own personal side hustle...look after all my real customers very well, then they leave you a nice tax free legacy in their will.
Isn’t all forms of gambling a waste of energy? I guess the betting site servers run on plant extracts? and how about horse racing? Not much CO2 generated breeding and training all of those horses.
It certainly wasn’t meant to be financial advice, if you felt it was then I apologise for that, it’s actually about as much financial advice as my favourite for the 14:15 at Kempton, however I think a £100 bet on Bitcoin 10 years ago might have just given you a larger payout, somewhere around £68 million if you had sold it last year.🤣

I do have to recommend e-Toro though, it’s actually quite fun as you can also play virtually as well as with real money so you can trade to win (or lose) and not be out of pocket.