• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Silly or embarrassing things you’ve done at theme parks

RyanUK

TS Member
The title of this says it all really - what silly things you’ve done at theme parks that you have probably regretted?

Mine has got to be when I visited Thorpe Park years ago, not feeling well at all. It was on a day when we were planning to stay for Fright Nights. Early in the day, I remember having a Fanta Lemon and then not long later going on Colossus, only to bring it up again soon after coming off. 🤢🤮 After that, I headed for Slammer despite feeling rotten, and had a successful ride. I soon realised I couldn’t go on with the day so headed home, sad at the fact that night that a lot of people would be enjoying Fright Njghts and I wouldn’t.

Just in case you’re wondering why I had a drink before going on a ride, I can usually stomach food or drink before a ride and feel fine. Just not when I’m feeling ill!

These aren’t silly as much as embarrassing, but I have a couple of anecdotes to offer…

Firstly, I remember my visit to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland in January 2020. I was queueing for Wilde Maus XXL, and I was negotiating the ride’s funhouse queue line. I thought I was through the worst of it, but unbeknownst to me, there was a sliding floor still to come… I stepped on it, fell backwards and nearly rear ended some poor unsuspecting woman! That was incredibly embarrassing… given that I also nearly fell down the exit stairs of Ice Mountain after a particularly spinny ride on that, that trip was not a good one from a balance standpoint!

Secondly, I’m reminded of a visit to Thorpe Park in July 2021. Before going on our first ride of the day, we all needed the toilet, so my dad suggested that we cut under Storm Surge and go to the set by the Amity Megastore. This seemed like a sound idea, but unbeknownst to us, Storm Surge was testing overhead and leaking a surprising amount of water… and as we walked under it, a boat came overhead and threw a massive deluge of water on top of us! We were surprisingly soaked, which was particularly ironic given that my dad was wearing a brand new pair of white Converse and we’d made a pact to not ride any water rides that day in order to try and protect them… our soaking from Storm Surge quickly made that a moot point!

Attempted to climb up the El Andaluz slides at Europa when frozen over at night.

Identified a random stranger who had dropped a very bad one in the queue for I'm a Celebrity at Thorpe.
I shouted out a random complaint, noticed a single head bob down, and the people on each side of him stepped away...
Unnamed, but shamed, even the queue manager got involved with a broad smile, making a smell apology while stood by the poor lad in question.
As a decent young chap, he did make an admission of guilt, held his hand up, and an apology to all.
Didn't even make it to the "attraction"...the queue had been enough fun.

Pass the random item on Dodgems.

General mischief in queuelines.

Interviewed the talking tree at Chessie for a never released set of footage. On the same day laughed at the security gate "wall of shame" as it was shortly after a goon had been banned from the park after silly string gate.

Lost multiple caps in my years. Have a bad knack of forgetting to take my cap off and if not reminded by staff it usually ends badly!😂 the last lost cap was on the first inversion of nemesis, however it landed lovely in the queue line and I managed to grab it when I went back round, only to lose it again later. I guarantee this forgetfulness has no relation to alcohol consumption.

Identified a random stranger who had dropped a very bad one in the queue for I'm a Celebrity at Thorpe.
I shouted out a random complaint, noticed a single head bob down, and the people on each side of him stepped away...
Unnamed, but shamed, even the queue manager got involved with a broad smile, making a smell apology while stood by the poor lad in question.
As a decent young chap, he did make an admission of guilt, held his hand up, and an apology to all.
Didn't even make it to the "attraction"...the queue had been enough fun.
In Nemesis and Inferno’s queueline in the station when queuing for the front row, I’ve noticed a few people drop one right in that corner - and it stays there. 😂

In 2016, on my first visit to Alton Towers, I was in the now-shuttered gift shop of TH13TEEN after my last ride before closing when I dropped the scorpion toy pictured below, which I took in my zipped-up pocket on all the rides (sorry for the bad quality; it's my computer's webcam)
IMG_20230328_194746.jpg
My parents and I only realised that I did not have it when we were on the Skyride at the end of the day. We quickly legged it back to the TH13TEEN shop (as this was where I last recollected having it) and I had the shame of asking the woman in there, 'Excuse me, but have you seen my toy scorpion in here?'
Luckily, she had. It was apparently on the floor of the shop and she said that when she spotted it, she initially screamed and thought that it was a real scorpion before realising that it was just a toy. She then gave it back to me, so, rather embarrassed, I took the scorpion, said 'Thank you' and my parents and I then finally left the park.

Last edited:
Fell over and broke my nose in Ferrrarrri land.

Having to run from Silver Star to Wodan for a last ride

Failing to stepping stones

Falling over a rock and smashing my phone outside the Welcoming.

Singing Song 2 on the back row of Nemesis at fireworks.

I'm sure @Poisson could come up with lots more.

Edit oh and front row red force the day after a broken nose.

Collapsed at Ferrari Land and then collapsed again when I got to hospital

Also ran from Silver Star to Wodan. I don't think I've recovered.

During a mental breakdown, went to Thorpe Park to try and fix my ruined spine and then went to Towers the next day for a cry, where I ended up in a rainstorm in the gardens with a pint during said cry.

Like @Benzin but instead of on dodgems, pass the item on Submission.

Asking the Discord server with @MattyH what to shout from the top of Shambhala

Shouting Shambhala on every tallish coaster that isn't Shambhala

Nearly put the hire car in a ditch enroute to Legendia

PERWIGGLE being a thing

Getting so smashed at Traumatica I passed out, then woke up an hour later and carried on drinking

Putting myself in a fair whack of pain to get a +1 several times.

Any of the trips I have done, all of those are silly.

Last edited:
Going on Waterfall at Oakwood. That was silly, embarrassing and I definitely regret it.

After visiting Chessington so regularly a female ride operator recognised I had visited so much throughout the year, she said hello and I thought she was interested in more. Silly me. She was very friendly and the following year I didn’t see her once, probably moved onto another job.