• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Single Rider Queues

@John Smaller train size helps as much as it hinders. If you have a Spinball car that seats 4, it's far quicker to get four bags into racks than it is to get 32 into racks. The key delay in the Nemesis station is up to 64 people trying to add/remove items to the racks at one time.

Simple answer, provide no bag drops, tell people to use lockers (makes £££) or bring a designated bag holder (also makes more £££) that's what we take my wife along for, you have designated drivers when going to the pub, so why not designated bag holders when going to parks.

Runaway Mine Train works perfectly well without bag drops, you're told to leave your bag on the station floor, at your own risk, or don't go on, simplez.

Runaway Mine Train works perfectly well without bag drops, you're told to leave your bag on the station floor, at your own risk, or don't go on, simplez.
I'm not sure that model works quite as well on rides with multiple trains.

I agree with what has been said that it would be catastrophic for families to remove SRQ's. Yet another stab in the heart of the experience for families.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used the main queue for the Smiler. Since the removal of the SRQ on Rita, when I go with my family I don't even touch it, or Galactica for that matter.

When the park shuts at a pathetic 4pm, you have a young family in toe (who already have very little to do since the family ride lineup was butchered) and you need to keep the kids entertained, they can grab a quick drink or have a go on Enterprise whilst dad quickly nips on the Smiler and Oblivion. That can take less than 10 mins and we can move on.

When 4pm draws nearer, bored kids simply don't have time to wait half an hour for me or the other half to wait on our own in a queue. Lack of SRQ's is one of the reasons I find Chessington and Thorpe so unbearable. It makes a MASSIVE difference to people like me. I won't pay more for Fast track to ride coasters I've ridden thousands of times before without a queue, I'll simply go far less and without the family.

I agree with what has been said that it would be catastrophic for families to remove SRQ's. Yet another stab in the heart of the experience for families.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used the main queue for the Smiler. Since the removal of the SRQ on Rita, when I go with my family I don't even touch it, or Galactica for that matter.

When the park shuts at a pathetic 4pm, you have a young family in toe (who already have very little to do since the family ride lineup was butchered) and you need to keep the kids entertained, they can grab a quick drink or have a go on Enterprise whilst dad quickly nips on the Smiler and Oblivion. That can take less than 10 mins and we can move on.

When 4pm draws nearer, bored kids simply don't have time to wait half an hour for me or the other half to wait on our own in a queue. Lack of SRQ's is one of the reasons I find Chessington and Thorpe so unbearable. It makes a MASSIVE difference to people like me. I won't pay more for Fast track to ride coasters I've ridden thousands of times before without a queue, I'll simply go far less and without the family.

Absolutely! Nail on the head. As much as love octonauts and RMT with my kid (and to be honest that’s prettty much all there is for her height) I also want to have a go on some things my self!

Do you use parent swap on the rides? If so, how does that work, because I've heard people run around in the morning getting the slip completed, then go back later in the day to use the 'swap' part.

Getting OT I know but I wonder how much of a viable alternative Parentswap is to SRQ if used economically...

Do you use parent swap on the rides? If so, how does that work, because I've heard people run around in the morning getting the slip completed, then go back later in the day to use the 'swap' part.

Getting OT I know but I wonder how much of a viable alternative Parentswap is to SRQ if used economically...
I've never used it if I'm honest, but looks like I'll need to if I end up taking the family at all this season. We've never needed to as SRQ is normally better by far. Much quicker for 2 of us to do single rider separately than one of us wait in the main queue.

I swear by single rider queues.

I've never used it if I'm honest, but looks like I'll need to if I end up taking the family at all this season. We've never needed to as SRQ is normally better by far. Much quicker for 2 of us to do single rider separately than one of us wait in the main queue.

I swear by single rider queues.

Yes me too. There will be an almighty backlash if they got rid of them all.

I simply refuse to believe they have got rid of the existing ones though yet. Seems such a daft idea that won't make anyone any happier.

Last edited:
This in a nutshell. My little lad is 4 so hopping on Smiler and thirteen in 5-10 mins is a god send to us as a family.

I'd be very disappointed if they choose to do this. Fair enough if they want to avoid it on wicker man but 13, Blivy and Smiler SRQ's just make sense. There will be trains of empty seats otherwise.

Let's see what happens. I'm still sceptical they have scrapped them all.

Use a parent queue share

Removal of single rider queues is (if true) yet another nail in the coffin for guest experience.

Still haven't forgiven them for getting rid of the Nemesis SRQ!

Yeah but the poster i replied too said they had a 4 year old so a PQS would be a good option if SRQ has been done away with

We have a child under 1.4 and use PQS is great for us

But even with the Parent Swap the first parent has to queue up in the normal queue. Unless it's completely different these days...

I miss the Nemesis SRQ! Waiting 5-10 mins instead of 50+ at Scarefest was a godsend.

Really hope they don't remove SRQs completely, I almost always use them when I visit.

The types of people who use Single Rider are the types that turn up with a lunchbox and spend nothing at the park. I can't see why Towers/Merlin would try to improve their day with shorter queues.

I ONLY ride 13 via the SRQ, since its not worth an hour or £5! Its sad to see that they have (as far as I'm concerned) removed 13 from the park :(

I personally can't see this decision lasting into 2019, what do you think?

The types of people who use Single Rider are the types that turn up with a lunchbox and spend nothing at the park. I can't see why Towers/Merlin would try to improve their day with shorter queues.
That's funny, I use single rider queues yet I don't think I've ever "turned up with a lunchbox" - not that there's anything wrong with bringing your own food!

Also I'll happily spend money on merchandise if there's any worth buying.

Some turn up with hot dogs in a flask, with a jug of Jenkem for desert, on Sun reader tickets, but I still pay for express parking.
If the s.r.q.s go, it will mean my wife will spend even more in the bars...so I might as well get a cheap fasttrack, and save her liver.

They know what they are doing.