• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Single Rider Queues

I ONLY ride 13 via the SRQ, since its not worth an hour or £5! Its sad to see that they have (as far as I'm concerned) removed 13 from the park :(

I personally can't see this decision lasting into 2019, what do you think?

I think it'll last if they want it to.

People who use single riders queues make up such a small majority of visitors. If the park needs to make changes to save on money, increase safety or whatever, SRQs will sooner or later come into the firing line. Yes, they improve guest satisfaction for the few, but not for the masses. And the few who do benefit from it the most are probably the ones who don't fill out their wonderful KPI surveys and visit the most anyways, so taking away from their experience a little bit won't have a negative impact on the park.

It's a crude scenario. I don't really agree with it. But they'll look at it from the business perspective and see they can save money and not lose out on custom or get lower KPI scores as a result. Win win for them.

Maybe if the food options weren’t horrendously over priced crap (I don’t mind paying for half decent!) then people would be more willing to buy it

The types of people who use Single Rider are the types that turn up with a lunchbox and spend nothing at the park. I can't see why Towers/Merlin would try to improve their day with shorter queues.

What absolute nonsense. Those things don't have any connection at all. Plenty of people who use the normal queues take packed lunches for one. A because it's cheaper obviously and B because the food offering at the resort is abysmal.

Also try going with a family who can't all ride the same attractions. SRQ's are a good thing.

But even with the Parent Swap the first parent has to queue up in the normal queue. Unless it's completely different these days...

Yeah it still works that way....but if both parents want to ride that's the best way in my opinion

When we use them one of us goes off with our eldest while one goes with the lad to rides he can go on....enterprise,hex,duel etc...and then we swap over

Not as good as SRQ i suppose but better than nothing...works superb for us to be honest

I found the conversations about single rider queues in here very interesting. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have used them.

If I'm there with kids, I just don't go on the bigger rides. It makes no odds to me if I am in in Cbeebies all day, really. Running off to do Smiler and riding it on my own whilst the kids are doing one of their rides just feels needless and hard work, but each to their own.

Serves you right for breeding Rick!
Edit...I think they are more for non breeders or those yet to do so!
I have used them a great deal over the years, particularly nemesis and oblivion.

I'm one of those rare breeds that visits both with my wife and little lad a few times a year and also on my own sometimes but thats usually only once a year.

I do this so I can have a whole day on the coasters and skip all the other rides I do with the family normally. And I don't really mind those days either despite being on my own. I rather enjoy them actually. Always make sure it's an off peak day with walk on rides though as queuing up alone isn't the best. SRQ's are a god send to me on that heavenly day. Much better than empty seats going unused.

I think there is some real overreaction here.

Many parks around the world operate without Single Rider lines, and there is no massive out cry.

After 2 weeks most of you won't notice any difference.

:)

Many parks around the world operate without Single Rider lines, and there is no massive out cry.

Other parks don't shut at 4pm.

I can guarantee you that people who use them every single visit without fail to get round the park in the ridiculous opening hours without buying fastrack will notice the difference.

It is more than two weeks since Nemesis lost it's single rider queue.
I still remember it...clearly...and fondly, sometimes with a little tear in my eye.
At my age, with my knees, they should open it again just for us old duffers.
All those stairs and slippy stones make the feet on my zimmer frame go rotten.

I disagree. Single rider queues can be useful, especially when the park is busy or one ride as an unusually large main queue. Sure I'm not going to be overly upset because of it but I do think losing them is a pity.

Single rider queues have also been very useful for me at Disney, Efteling, Phantasialand and Europa-Park over the years!

Whilst I personally only really resent the loss of the Nemesis SRQ, which I did use regularly, I have occasionally used the Smiler SRQ and Spinball Whizzer SRQ in wet conditions.

It is also true to say that other parks don't close at 4 or 5pm most of the time; so SRQ can be of benefit to people seeking to hit more rides in a day.

Many theme parks are adding an SRQ to every large new ride these days so it seems regressive to remove them.

That said... I know that Nemesis gets more dispatches per hour without SRQ due to the fact that the SRQ was on the wrong side of the station. It's the other rides where SRQ does work properly, because they batch people into the bays.

Other parks don't shut at 4pm.
Um... sorry to be petty, but BPB shut at 4pm the other day. Just sayin'.

Anyway, on an on-topic note, Merlin are probably getting rid of SRQ's because if they are empty while the normal queue is quite long, they almost act as a sort of free Fastrack. So Merlin want people spending as much money as possible.

rJ0xHOw.png

Spinball can't cut a staff member by removing SRQ, so I'm not surprised that escaped the axe.

It all makes sense now for The Smiler and Th13teen, they will probably be using the old single rider path to the station as fastrack given that baggage holds have apparently been ditched.

Still not sure why SRQ has gone on Oblivion, they aren't saving any staff and fastrack already has a path direct to the station.