• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Single Rider Queues

It didn't actually make much difference to my visit on Tuesday as I thought it would. And I was a big fan and user of them. Only Wickerman I queues longer than 10 mins for and that was my decision.

However.....on peak days like this weekend I can't see the logic. It's going to cause issues and there's going to be empty seats galore.

What happens when they have a train of 17 or less and the last 3 rows only have single riders and there are no single riders and no groups willing to split in the queue?

...I'll add this to the list of reasons to skip 13 (and thus, making the issue worse) shall i?
It'll get the top spot right above "it requires a miles walk into a dead end"

What happens when they have a train of 17 or less and the last 3 rows only have single riders and there are no single riders and no groups willing to split in the queue?

...I'll add this to the list of reasons to skip 13 (and thus, making the issue worse) shall i?
It'll get the top spot right above "it requires a miles walk into a dead end"
I'm sure they'll eventually realise just what a bad idea it was, and reinstate SRQs

Wishful thinking I know, but if this season is sucessful and Towers is given a bigger budget next year (and if there are enough complaints) perhaps they could bring back SRQs.

Madness to remove Spinball's though. It doesn't even require an extra staff member and its very efficient, especially when the cars are limited to 3 people!.

Madness to remove Spinball's though. It doesn't even require an extra staff member and its very efficient, especially when the cars are limited to 3 people!
Yeah, that's the one I'm most suprised about.

Last edited:
Instead of having a member of staff at the merge points, couldn't they have an automatic gate instead, perhaps controlled by the cabin op?

But saves money in long run, £1000 turnstile vs staff cost for a year.

Can seriously see automatic turnstiles at merge points soon, fastrack and RAP too
But it would require a staff member to operate them, rendering them unecessary. And as Dan has said, the ride ops and hosts have to be concentrating on what’s happening on the ride and in the station.

But it would require a staff member to operate them, rendering them unecessary. And as Dan has said, the ride ops and hosts have to be concentrating on what’s happening on the ride and in the station.
For SRQ yes it possibly may require staff interaction but then again automated turnstiles that count people “in” should be smart enough to work out an odd amount and then green light the required SRQ needed.

At a merge point, turnstile for each queue counts in a set amount, eg. 4 fastrack, 8 normal.

Take example Time Tower at Warwick Castle, it’s a completely automated turnstile that prevents entry during a show and then counts in the required amount and then locks until next cycle. It features a screen with countdown and traffic light system.

It wouldn't work though. A machine can't let whole groups through together, or make them wait then send through more singles. Groups don't like being split up. You'd get people let through, then hanging back to be with their mates, rendering the whole thing useless. It might even result in more empty seats than currently!

If they done away with the bagging holds, then the automatic turn merge gates shouldn't be needed at the merge points as single riders are sorted by the station dispatch person to fill empty seats not at the bagging hold merge points.