• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sir Algenon’s Bar and Grill

Re: Sir Algenon’s Bar and Grill

Here is a photo of the front of the menu:
599861_364201216983662_1106980050_n.jpg

And here is the sign outside:
422178_364200816983702_858944044_n.jpg

Very much like Woodcutters. I didnt get a photo of the inside of the menu but they do burgers, steaks, salads, chicken, sides and deserts.

You also dont need to book and can just turn up when you like, It opens at 6pm each night.

I guess they've kept the same style of branding as Woodcutters mainly due to cost of creating a brand for Sir Algenon’s Bar and Grill. Since Woodcutters is pretty similar it obviously makes more sense to just keep the same image rather than forking (pun intended) out the money to design a new brand. Since it's only a summer addition I can forgive them for that. :p

If this is popular though. I hope Alton consider adding (or building - extension one day, anyone?) something more permanent in future.

It is quite nice in there, I have never been in the conferance centre before, but its very well themed in there and matches up to the main hotel well.

We had our meal about 6pm and there were 3 or 4 other tables in there. So I can imagine it will do quite well if its advertised and has proper opening hours every day. I guess if its popular and doesnt take money away from the other places on resort then they might think about creating it again next year, or having something more permanant.

I get the feeling it's a stop-gap and test venture, they obviously need more permanent solutions to food on resort so i guess they are testing the water a bit.