• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
So today is Six Flags big announcement day and the biggest new ride for 2016 is going to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. As we pretty much already knew, Roar (a GCI woodie) is getting the RMC treatment and will become The Joker.

1172804.jpg

Six Flags said:
The most anticipated new coaster to come to Northern California in 10 years will open in 2016, THE JOKER. The ride will feature a state-of-the-art experience that combines both classic and modern coaster designs. As the second DC Comics-themed attraction at the park, THE JOKER features 3,200 feet of dual-colored purple and green steel track atop a wooden base.

On this new adventure, you'll race through chaotic twists and turns, including a first ever step-up under-flip, inverted roll, that takes riders horizontal. THE JOKER also has a unique breaking wave turn, the only one of its kind on the West Coast. Additionally, you'll tackle a wild Zero G barrel roll, three unbelievable inversions, and 15 moments of airtime like you've never experienced before at ride speeds up to 53 miles per hour.

The Joker - Ride Facts
  • 3,200 feet of dual-colored purple and green track
  • First ever step-up under flip
  • 3 inversions
  • A wild Zero G barrel roll
  • Breaking wave turn
  • 15 extreme airtime moments
  • 78 degree drop
  • 180 degree stall
  • Maximum speeds of 53 mph
  • Nearly 2 minutes long
  • (2) 24 passenger trains
  • 100-feet tall
General Facts
  • Location is the former site of the wooden coaster Roar
  • Second DC-themed ride attraction
  • Manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction
  • Opens in Spring 2016

joker01.jpg

Looks yet another thrilling and legthy layout from RMC full of fast inversions and airtime. Loving the colours of the track as well!

:)

Reactions: Tim
Well this has been a popular RMC to follow! :p

It looks like the track for this is now complete, here are a few photos from TPR:

thumb_611_3.jpg

thumb_612_1.jpg

thumb_615_1.jpg

And the park posted the following aerial image of the ride:

CgcKsbzUIAANEJw.jpg

I love the track! Looks like an interesting layout, no doubt a POV will follow shortly after testing begins.

Once again another woodie that looks amazing. I love what they can do with woodies atm.

They seem to be the in thing atm. Take note AT build an absolute monster woodie

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Strange how little interest there's been for this, for me it looks miles better and more interesting than Storm Chaser. Another brilliant looking RMC, still seems they can't do any wrong right now.

I think from an aesthetic point of view, it looks nice. The red track RMC use on their other coasters look bad, but the green and purple rails (which by the way I love how it's one each) looks superb. It pretty much signifies RMC with it being themed to the Joker :p

Here is a look at the first test run:

Looks very good indeed with great pacing! No doubt a POV will shortly follow.

Also another park that has not yet announced an opening date for their new ride. Frustrating for if you're planning when to go but probably sensible to wait rather than promise a date that can't me met as seems to be happening quite often at the moment.

Definitely my favourite looking RMC along with Twisted Colossus and Wildfire. Can't wait to see a POV!

Double post, but who cares really? POV of the The Joker is here! :)

That really does carry some great pace, I'd imagine it will ride very well indeed. If only Towers would get something like this in 2018, I think it would be perfect for them.

Having ridden this 22 times, its a fantastic ride experience, I'm almost considering it my number 1 (out of 70-ish coasters I've ridden). But the thing holding me back is the fact that it's so unreliable. Every day I have gone after media day it has been closed due to restraint issues, hopefully once these are ironed out, it will have a spot on my list.

Looks a little tedious, curious to see how it rides. Quite an interesting choice for a park that already had a Larson Loop and a Sky Rocket II.

Screamscape reports Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster has been removed from the park’s website and app. Maybe they've given up on it already. Been a calamity from start to finish, really.

Oh dear; the Skywarp is dying a very rapid death, considering Harley Quinn only opened in 2018! Only one other seems to have been built, and there don’t seem to be any rumours swirling about future Skywarps on the way; I wonder why the model didn’t take off?

I know both models had quite severe reliability issues pre-opening, which may not have helped...

It’s a shame, as I always thought that these looked quite interesting!

They had reliability issues after they opened too - both were closed when I visited their respective parks in 2019.