• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags: General Discussion

To me it would be kind of like saying, let's turn Scenic Railway margate into an RMC.

It's about their tradition, their heritage and their history.

I'm surprised actually I thought Nash and Dipper would be universally viewed as classics that we have so few of and should preserve and guard?

Even I didn't expect that opinion of mine to divide others :D

Obviously, giving the RMC treatment to something with as much history as Grand National and Big Dipper would be a travesty. With the American RMCs though, all of the converted coasters are quite recent in comparison. Even so, most of them had declined in ride quality and popularity and would have probably been replaced in the near future anyway.

To me it would be kind of like saying, let's turn Scenic Railway margate into an RMC.

It's about their tradition, their heritage and their history.

I'm surprised actually I thought Nash and Dipper would be universally viewed as classics that we have so few of and should preserve and guard?

Even I didn't expect that opinion of mine to divide others :D

You'd be surprised, a lot of people seem to have it in for Dipper as can be seen in the Blackpool thread from a couple of years ago:

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/threads/blackpool-pleasure-beach-general-discussion.147/page-3

I would be happy seeing the Big Dipper getting the RMC treatment. In fact it would be quite fitting with the rides history given that over the years it has been re-worked and modified to fit with the times.

However The Grand National I would class as a classic which should be kept as it is.

You'd be surprised, a lot of people seem to have it in for Dipper as can be seen in the Blackpool thread from a couple of years ago:

Wow, it seems you're right. Fair to say this divides opinion.

OK perhaps it's been reworked a bit down the years, as @Tim says but for me the RMC totally changed the kind of ride it is, and the Dipper is an icon.

The dipper is naff. National is naff now too. I'd be interested to see what an RMC version of either would be like, they can't make them any worse.

I doubt they could RMC Dipper given the space it's in. The RMC conversions have all been on larger rides with more space around them. National could maybe be done but I wouldn't want them to.

Your all forgetting that SF have a deal with RMC, the Iron Horse treatment is exclusive to them, so as far as things go ATM, NOTHING outside SF will get an Iron Horse treatment.

On topic, and I am excited about the RMC's, but otherwise it's just meh next year for SF.

Helloooooo insurance claim.
10599236_10205008533073211_7633265846301113361_n.jpg

Not particularly fussed to see this thing burn, it's UTTER BALLS!

Apart from the fact that it was already closed for good and being converted into a new coaster...

Hopefully this won't affect the construction of Twisted Colossus too much. It's a very strange place for a fire to start.

:)

It's clearly just RMC's new approach to hybrid conversions, why use careful hand labour to remove the old track... When you can just burn it all off?

On a serious note, it is a slightly odd thing to have happened! :\

Someone clearly wanted to make sure that the old Colossucks could never open to the public again. Better safe than sorry.

How the hell did a fire start in isolation, on one single part of the track, over a hundred feet in the air?

That's definitely confused me.

I can only assume something to do with the grease on the return sprocket of the lift chain? I dunno, all seems a bit odd to me.

Seems a little convenient that the top part of the lift has fallen off...with a perfect line left for the top of the lift. Extreme marketing attempt?

Maybe it was just easier for them to burn segments of the track rather than hiring a very expensive demolition company to remove it for them?