Six Flags Great Adventure: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Rob, 30th May 2014.

1. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Looks like ABC might have designed a park model as well as the traveling prototype? Now when can we get one of these babies over here?

Brad97 likes this.
  2. Brad97

Brad97 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    Would be a good fit for X Sector...

3. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Screamscape are reporting that Six Flags Great Adventure could be getting a new build RMC in 2020. It could be in some of the space previously occupied by Rolling Tunder and may interact with El Toro.

I really hope this is true. For one of Six Flag's main parks it really is due a proper new coaster and an RMC would be most welcome.

:)

Matt N and speedy like this.
  4. discoinferno

discoinferno Guest

GeorgeT and Matt N like this.
    Posted 1st Mar 2019
  5. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Well, Six Flags had a website leak today. This leak just so happened to reveal some of the chain's 2020 additions... and it would seem that Six Flags Great Adventure is getting a very nice looking custom RMC Raptor named Jersey Devil Coaster! The ride will be the tallest, fastest and longest single rail coaster in the world and will have 12-row trains as well as an 87 degree drop! Here's a video:

Looks excellent!

Brad97 likes this.
  6. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    I like the look of these rides, but I don't understand the whole "inline riders" thing. Surely doubling the throughput by having 2 passengers across is preferable to having a slightly more unique ride experience, that you probably won't even notice unless you're riding on the front.

Maybe someone who's ridden one of these can explain, but having not ridden one myself, I just don't get it.

Matt N likes this.
  7. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

The devil face on the front of the train looks real stupid, but that aside, looks like a fun ride!

Brad97 likes this.
  8. Brad97

Brad97 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    Missed opportunity to not have the train look like an actual Jersey devil. Looks fantastic though.

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  9. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    Not a Larson Looper? What a disappointment.

Brad97 likes this.
  10. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    At last, a brand new unique coaster for Six Flags Great Advenure, the first once since El Toro in 2006 which is somewhat hard to believe for such a major park (Dark Knight and Joker are clones, Green Lantern was a relocation).

It looks very good indeed, the only concern is of course the capacity of the ride which will undoubtedly be inadequate. I'd imagine getting a T-Rex over a Raptor would have cost too much.

Brad97 and Lottie. like this.
  11. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

It’s all to do with cost, sixflags only add fairly cheap additions to most of the parks now. You normally get a couple of parks get cheaper end coasters, something from Zamperla or new water slide (although they do normally use Proslide which are prob the premium water slide manufacture).

To get guests into the parks they run very cheap annual passes, we are going in October to Magic Mountain,, a 1 day ticket to fright fest on a Friday the day we planned to visit is $78 excluding the mazes, park open until 1am. However we have just purchased 2020 season passes in their flash sale for $82 as you can use them for the rest of 2019, so for $4 more than a 1 day ticket we can now visit the day before as well (as staying 2 nights just outside the park) get free parking (normally $25 per day) plus other in park discounts benefits. If we had wanted could of added all season dinning (for rest of 2019 and 2020 -$39 for lunch and a snack every visit or $89 for lunch, dinner, snack and unlimited drink refills) with deals like that you can visit as often as you like for next 16 months with you enterance, parking and food all covered for $171 (£142) without having to spend a penny more in the park. With prices like that it is any wonder they can only afford cheaper additions now.

Also if anyone is going to a sixflags park and is open into the evening, purchase one of the 1 day dinning deals, it’s $35 and includes lunch, dinner, a snack and unlimited drink refills. Food otherwise is expensive (not great quality either generally) coming to around $20 for a fast food style lunch and drink, plus when you factor in drinks throughout the day makes this deal worth getting. Food and drink at sixflags are more expensive than Disney and Universal. Plus you can’t take any outside food or drink into the parks.

12. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Here is the virtual POV of the coaster:

rob666 and Matt N like this.
  13. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Looks like Great Adventure are taking the West Coast Racers approach when it comes to construction of Jersey Devil..:

[​IMG]
    Source

No risk of this going vertical anytime soon.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 4th Nov 2019
  14. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    We have progress!

Poopoohead and Matt N like this.
  15. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

I'm begining to have hope I may get on this in mid june! Looks like it's progressing faster than West Coast Racers

Last edited: 21st Nov 2019
  16. Doublethink

Double post but looks like Jersey Devil foundations are near ready to pour.

Matt N likes this.
  17. Doublethink

We have Footers in! Hope for a June ride continuing to rise. Any bets this will finish before west coast racers?

Last edited: 28th Nov 2019
  18. Doublethink

I think I'm one of the only ones here that is interested in this ride but for anyone else who may be interested

Matt N and Poopoohead like this.
    Posted 4th Dec 2019
  19. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

I recently got round to visiting this park and I just wanted to point out how dissapointed I was with Nitro. I went into the ride expecting something that could rival Mako, but the ride was rubbish! Super big rattle and no airtime at all. Very dissapointing.

20. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    Nitro is considerably better than Mako.