• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Magic Mountain: General Discussion

It's a wonder it hasn't fallen down when you remember who built it. Legend has it that there is a scenario in the park's earthquake disaster plan where the tower tumbles.

I think the figures to bring it up to code were pretty staggering. Sub Terra syndrome I guess ... but it does stick out somewhat. Here's an awesome construction photo ...

mm0100_large.jpg
It's weird thinking just how much has changed at SFMM since that picture. Where did that picture come from, out of interest?

It's weird thinking just how much has changed at SFMM since that picture. Where did that picture come from, out of interest?
So weird ... it was seemingly a very different park in its early days. This site has that photo and various others from those times.

It also has some good narrative about how the park came to be, as part of the wider project to build Valencia with the park essentially coming out of the SeaWorld company.

I went in 2009, granted, but I do think this is one of the most soulless, joyless parks I've ever been to. Looks like it used to be way better before. Some cracking coasters though.

Other 6F parks are way worse in that regard. I've visited a few times in recent years during work trips to the area - generally midweek and not in summer which may influence my opinion of the place but the front half of the park is generally a pleasant enough place to be. I've always liked the Rev and Viper stations and the Goliath entrance is iconic. Admittedly the midway behind the mountain is rubbish and Scream one of the laziest installations of a major coaster I've ever seen.

It's Twisted Colossus' 8th birthday today!