• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Mexico

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
SF+logo+08+s_bugs+copia.png

I don't think having all of the Six Flags discussion in one topic is really helpful so I've decided to start a new topic for Six Flags Mexico and their plan to give their wooden roller coaster Medusa so RMC treatment.

I'll start by reposting about the park's recent addition...

BigAl said:
I actually really like the look of the Joker that's just opened at Six Flags Mexico. The Gerstlauer Spinners look really great for such compact rides! ;D

The Joker en Six Flags México Off Ride y On Ride POV HD

The Joker en Pruebas en Six Flags México HD

Now I'll move on to Medusa...

BigAl said:
Screamscape have heard a rumour that Medusa at Six Flags Mexico might be getting converted by RMC to use RMC's I-Box rails but with an improved layout, much like what happened to Rattler and Texas Giant:

2014 - Iron Medusa - Rumor - (4/15/13) Wild rumor time… Screamscape sources tell us that Medusa at Six Flags Mexico may be the next Six Flags coaster to get the Iron Horse treatment. While the coaster really isn’t all that old, the old CCI coaster is in need of some heavy maintenance later this year anyway and Six Flags is rumored to have contracted the job out to the Rocky Mountain Coasters crew who will work in some impressive new improvements to Medusa as well as replace the Gerstlauer trains with a set of the new RMC trains that just premiered for the first time on Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City.

The latest Iron Medusa update from Screamscape is that Medusa will be closing on August 18th but the park haven't released any details about what RMC have in store for the ride. Some Medusa fans have created a layout for what they'd like to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v28z2FpBXFk#ws

Medusa's current state:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqV878Ouxm4#ws

Am I the only one who takes a disliking to these types of coasters? There's something about them I really don't like, the structure in particular.

However, if we were to get one over here, I wouldn't turn it down.

Stevie said:
Am I the only one who takes a disliking to these types of coasters? There's something about them I really don't like, the structure in particular.

However, if we were to get one over here, I wouldn't turn it down.

I'm exactly the same, welcome to the minority...

Yup. Woodies are ugly enough already without doing this to them.

I too find these hideous compared to regular wooden coasters.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Six Flags Mexico shared this photo on Facebook:

1526559_10152154556262138_71276353_n.jpg

That sure does look like a lot of fun! :D

It looks like it'd deliver more of a zero-g sensation than Smiler's rolling drop, with the lapbar trains I bet this'll be awesome!

This thing really does look like it's going to be ridiculously good fun! RCDB shared a photo on Facebook of the first inverting drop:

1800001_10152218431887138_1417137801_o.jpg

I hope a European park goes for something from RMC soon; I'm getting really jealous of America now! :p They're hardly an unsafe bet, if you look at how long they've actually been in the industry, and the number of other rides they've worked on. Nearly 30 coasters across America!

Those supports look VILE...

How weird is it that these hybrids look so aesthically awful in comparison to normal wooden coasters?

It's been a while since anything has been posted in here. The ride is now testing and is scheduled to open on June 14th which is now less than a week away! Here is what appears to be the best testing video so far:

A lot of the views are obstructed by trees but it looks to be carrying some good speed. Hopefully there will be a POV soon!

:)