• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags New England: General Discussion

RMC do make hybrids, and this, Iron Rattle and NTG are examples of them, but the likes of Outlaw Run and Goliath simply use a thicker layer of steel to "traditional" wooden coasters which allows them to perform the more steel coaster-esque elements which are becoming more and more synonymous with the brand's creations.

Here's a close-up of Outlaw Run's track:
7-Wave-turnblog.jpg

Even "traditional" woodies from GCI and GG have that layer of steel, as has every other wooden coaster which has ever been built. The difference is in the thickness. Unlike Medusa, Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone, who's tracks are all-steel I-Beam, Outlaw Run, Goliath and Wildfire being built in Sweden are all still wooden coasters.

Also, I agree with everything @CGM has said here so far! :p

Oh, don't get me wrong, RMC's "proper" woodies look fine. (And I know you weren't being patronising by telling me what everyone and their dog knows about traditional wooden coaster rails, so I'll let you live. This time ;) )

(And I know you weren't being patronising by telling me what everyone and their dog knows about traditional wooden coaster rails, so I'll let you live. This time ;) )

You might but a lot of people dismiss RMC's for that very reason! :p

Clearly there is a lot of hype, and when you ride a coaster with a lot of hyper your expectations are naturally a lot higher. I had high expectations when riding both Blue Fire and Helix for the first time because of hype. Thankfully they both lived up to and surpassed expectations.

When I do eventually ride an RMC I will do so with some trepidation. Clearly American enthusiasts, especially those on TPR, rate them very highly. But I know there is a high chance that they have been slightly overhyped. I do think some of them look epic though, I cannot wait to see Wild Cyclone in operation.

:)

Ian from Coasterforce rates them very highly too, and he's a grumpy git! :p

I do think they look ugly, but that won't detect from the experience when on the ride!

That photo really shows the height difference between the lift hill and the first overbank. This thing looks like it will absolutely fly round the track!

Wicked Cyclone update from All-American Thrills:

imageedit_7_4959790565.jpg

DJI00521W.jpg

imageedit_4_9865814305.jpg

I'd imagine that progress has been slowed down somewhat by all of the snow, I think there's still a fair way to go.

I really don't know what I make of this, don't get me wrong it's not the worst but it's meh.

A new photo from All American Thrills, trackwork appears to be nearing completion:

11014706_583200068449571_6628379361371863652_n.jpg

Can't decide which looks more insane, this or Twisted Colossus...Schilke is a genius.

Sorry for the double post, but first test run! Looks fast until the stall, whereupon it slows down quite a bit. Still though, with time and passengers I can see this being as fast as the CGI POV.

Yeah it seems to have great speed at first but then does slow down a little. However for a first test run it is very promising!