• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Quiddiya

Oh my goodness. That video popped up on my Youtube recommendations yesterday and I clicked on it. Admittedly, this was after a couple of beers, but I was actually laughing out loud at how completely improbable this seemed in terms of an actual ride that could be built. I had never heard of Six Flags Quiddiya either, so I figured this was all just an enthusiast having a laugh.

Imagine my shock when this thread popped up under the "new posts" tab and it turns out that the coaster is not only a real proposal, but physically under construction. I'm blown away. That is absolutely ridiculous!

I can't even imagine an evacuation on the mountain/cliff. You'll have to sit a couple of hours in bright sunlight. In the desert.

Yeah if it stalls up there then what's the plan? Surely they would have to have an emergency exit / fire escape built into that mountain top.

Even though construction has started I'm still sceptical that the plans we saw is that we will end up seeing. Could end up being a normal hyper or Giga for all we know.

Yeah if it stalls up there then what's the plan? Surely they would have to have an emergency exit / fire escape built into that mountain top.

Even though construction has started I'm still sceptical that the plans we saw is that we will end up seeing. Could end up being a normal hyper or Giga for all we know.

Maintenance crew still need to check the track from time to time. There has to be a staircase or lift or something.

They'll be parts up there that will need regular maintenance, so there will have to be a way up and down. And hopefully a quick one for in case there are any prolonged stoppages of the ride!

From watching that new video, I don't actually think it looks all that good! Sure, it's going to be a heck of an experience but so much of it is drawn out. The first part leading up to the drop off the cliff is actually quite slow and meandering it seems.

Also those trains, not sure how I feel about the windscreen at the front of each car. A very strange look!

You do get the feeling that they went to Intamin and said "we want the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in the world. We don't care about the ride experience."

There are some parts I think that look fun like the bit at the top of the cliff, but other than that - it just looks long. I'm sure it will be a bucket-list coaster for many, but will it actually be better than average? The trains are also highly disappointing - those windscreens! I get why they have done it, but it will remove a massive amount of the sensation of speed - it is disappointing. It would almost be worth building a full cab at that rate.

Lots of questions need answered too. How do you regularly inspect a track that length? With the speeds and the heat how will the track and wheels hold up?

Also, I can't really see how this park will ever be profitable. The maintenance alone is going to be astronomical, and when you watch video of parks in this part of the world, they always look dead. Oil money though.

Still, if I get the chance to ride it, I wouldn't say no.

Also, I can't really see how this park will ever be profitable. The maintenance alone is going to be astronomical, and when you watch video of parks in this part of the world, they always look dead. Oil money though.

Abandoned theme parks of the future.

No 120 minute queues at least. It looks amazing but the fear of it getting stuck... You would potentially die if not rescued fairly promptly. I suppose with near unlimited resources they can have both a high level of maintenance and rescue teams on standby.

Oh and i'm pretty sure the windscreen is only on the front carriage?

Should make the little cliff side meander into a dark ride section with AC and can let the cars rest there in a breakdown.

Can only imagine the excitement the designers had when given the brief and no budget restraints.

Feels like this is something that would be a make or break for Intamin. Shame their video doesn't have an "actual speed" of it as I'd like to see what going full tilt down that drop looks like.

Wonder if anyone has done a mockup in Planet Coaster or Rollercoaster Tycoon yet...

It's got a top speed of 156mph and you'd assume will take most of the course at 80-100mph. There is no way it will be a flop. The slow section at the top is designed to build anticipation for the drop.

The current height record holder goes up and down and is over in a few seconds. This thing is over 2 minutes long... It will be an amazing ride.

The bigger concern is how reliable it will be. Intamin have a track record of being over ambitious with their designs and I can see this being closed for a long time while they tweak it.

It's got a top speed of 156mph and you'd assume will take most of the course at 80-100mph. There is no way it will be a flop. The slow section at the top is designed to build anticipation for the drop.

The current height record holder goes up and down and is over in a few seconds. This thing is over 2 minutes long... It will be an amazing ride.

The bigger concern is how reliable it will be. Intamin have a track record of being over ambitious with their designs and I can see this being closed for a long time while they tweak it.

Did Formula Rossa have a lot of issues? This does look somewhat similar to that but with an added humongous top hat.