• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Quiddiya

I'm sure that this park is going to go ahead and all but I can't see Falcon's Flight happening. It just seems like a pipe dream.

I have no idea exactly how this park is being financed, but there is a hell of a lot of money out there, so it would not surprise me if it did end up happening.

Doubt I'll ever make it out there mind!

195 countries in the world and Saudi Arabia would be in my bottom three for wanting to visit ever in my lifetime.

They will never attract sufficient tourists from the West until they radically change their behaviours around modern day slavery, sexism, homophobia etc. I know no country is perfect, including our own, but they really do take the title of being one of the most barbaric and backwards countries in the world.

I will stick with Universal and Disney.

In spite of scepticism about whether the project would come to fruition, vertical construction has now begun on the waterpark portion, with the theme park presumably being soon to follow:

What is it about the Middle East and ludicrous vanity projects? Qatar has a population less than Wales yet it's spending billions on hosting the world cup. The state of Saudi Arabia owns Newcastle United Football Club. The UAE just builds islands and record-breaking theme parks for the sake of it. Such a shame a lot of these projects are funded from dodgy oil money and are frequently built by slave labour.

I have as much interest of travelling to Saudi Arabia as I have being hit in the head by Tyson Fury for 30 mins straight.

That country's laws and beliefs are truly abhorrent.

I have as much interest of travelling to Saudi Arabia as I have being hit in the head by Tyson Fury for 30 mins straight.

That country's laws and beliefs are truly abhorrent.
I totally agree, but ... (and there's no way to ask this without sounding flippant so I'll just ask). You have not long since got back from UAE, so what's your cut off (no pun intended) of what's ok and what's not ?

As discussed earlier in the thread, for now, Saudi are more interested in creating a domestic market and in time will look to be seen to be welcoming more foreign visitors. So perhaps their ways will have to change, or perhaps they could throw up a load of skyscrapers and appear liberal on the surface.

I totally agree, but ... (and there's no way to ask this without sounding flippant so I'll just ask). You have not long since got back from UAE, so what's your cut off (no pun intended) of what's ok and what's not ?

As discussed earlier in the thread, for now, Saudi are more interested in creating a domestic market and in time will look to be seen to be welcoming more foreign visitors. So perhaps their ways will have to change, or perhaps they could throw up a load of skyscrapers and appear liberal on the surface.

Fair point I suppose although I don't think the UAE is anywhere near as bad as SA personally. Some of their laws are a bit behind the times for sure but nowhere near as bad as SA. Women in Dubai for example seem to be very happy from my experience with lots of young girls in education / work. I can't comment for the rest of the country because I didn't visit it.

It's going to take an awful big change for SA to have the same draw as UAE and Dubai in particular.

Here is a recent construction photo.
Credit: u/mkmk31313 on r/rollercoasters.
1679255892646.png