• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sloooowwwwww....

Meat Pie

TS Member
For the last two weeks I have found the forums to be running infuriatingly slow. It is very difficult to travel between pages, having to wait a very long time to get anywhere. It happens on all the computers in my house, and on my mobile phone whether I'm connected to Wifi or not. Am I the only one suffering from this?

Please forgive me for posting this in Corner Coffee, I don't quite know how I did it as I had intended it for the more appropriate 'guest services'. I would appreciate it if a mod could please move it to the right forum.

Yes, it's been running very, very slow for me as well! Was almost to the point where I was going to create a topic about it myself. :)

All fine here too, though we have had a few server outages mostly its running well, certainly at the moment it's nice and nippy.

Though i have no clue on technical issues so no idea what your problem could be.

Nothing wrong my end either. Apart from the couple of bits of downtime we had recently the sites been pretty speedy here.

It had a couple of coughs of being slow. but nothing to really complain about.

The only night it was slow for me was yesterday when it went kaput and died. Other than that, it seems to be running as fast as ever.

Might be a problem down your end?

Was on and off for me around last week, but is working fine at the moment!

I'll try and investigate this tomorrow as I will have finished Uni/exams by 4pm tomorrow... Yay! :D

Have no idea if you did anything Joel, but after weeks of slowness, all of a sudden, the forums are running smoothly and quickly again!

So thank you if you fixed it, but if not, thanks to whichever internet deity fixed this bizarre anomaly! :D

I played with loads of stuff last night and cleared out and updated lots, so glad it's fixed things.

It should probably ok now, Dave was messing around and caused a bit of a slowdown but the server should have hopefully caught up.

Wilsy said:
It should probably ok now, Dave was messing around and caused a bit of a slowdown but the server should have hopefully caught up.

I insist it was a coincidence!

Just because i broke the YourStreet index page at almost exactly the same time, whilst panicking because Joel is out of the country is not evidence ;)

Dave said:
Wilsy said:

I insist it was a coincidence!

Just because i broke the YourStreet index page at almost exactly the same time, whilst panicking because Joel is out of the country is not evidence ;)
Doesnt beat the time I broke the site once just by typing in the shoutbox... Whole place went down :p