• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Smiler NOT OPENING Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

Re: The Smiler Opening Day Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

I should be able to make it xD

In a great turn of events (with my day off changing) I will now be there all day!

Im planning on getting there early as I imagine it will be a big rush down to X-Sector at 9am.

What time does Monorail start? 8.30? Ill probably get there earlier and walk to entrance and will no doubt bump into people.

I think its best to just meet around Smiler during ERT time, there is no point waiting for people at towers street, splash landings, etc (unless its early) as people will want to head straight to the ride (me included!).

djtruefitt said:
What time does Monorail start? 8.30?

Yes it does open at 08:30 :) I'm expecting a massive queue before we've even opened, with all of it being enthusiasts... :p

Josh said:
djtruefitt said:
What time does Monorail start? 8.30?

Yes it does open at 08:30 :) I'm expecting a massive queue before we've even opened, with all of it being enthusiasts... :p

I think you should be open early for TowersStreet Monorail ERT Josh!

I am now a maybe, more than likely a no so will be going on 25th May instead for the official meet :)

Getting dropped off at around 8am.

I'm totally NOT a geek. :*

Erm...I'm a bit of a newbie, although I've had a few good chats with TheMan who has been very welcoming!

I'm hoping to be there on opening day, and I'm very excited! I'll be there with my hubby, and I'm yet to decide whether I'm brave enough to meet up with people. It's scary! Haha, can't wait to go on the ride though. I'm a long time lurker and a bit of an enthusiast. :twirly:

I'll be there on the 23rd but annoyingly due to train times won't be at the park until at least 10.30am. Any rough ideas how long the queue will be by then?

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I'll be there on the 23rd but annoyingly due to train times won't be at the park until at least 10.30am. Any rough ideas how long the queue will be by then?

About a week and a half judging on previous opening events

I can't wait till the Saturday I'm booking the day off :)

I should be there on the 23rd. Not sure about the weekend yet.

I'm just wondering if anybody is coming via the stoke area because my car caught fire and could do with a lift please :)

I can definitely go on the Thursday now. I'm not sure what time I'll be there exactly but I'm aiming to be in the entrance plaza well before 9.

I don't think I can go on Saturday any more though.

People JOINING US so far:

Attending

1 - Voke
2 - Dean
3 - Rowe
4 - DanB
5 - deЯp
6 - Danny
7 - Vicky
8 - Sam
9 - Bear
10 - Dar
11 - Panda
12 - Jordan
13 - BigAl
14 - AshleeKel
15 - Cheese
16 - LewisNavex
17 - Smudge (+ son)
18 - Mattmash
19 - Machin
20 - TedTheHuman
21 - Dan! (M)
22 - ChocolateStarfish
23 - djtruefitt
24 - CoasterCrazyChris
25 - Niques
26 - BigDave
27 - CGM
28 - Alastair
29 - DaveW
30 - Ian
31 - Joel
32 - Craig
33 - ryanbowden

Maybe

Mike
Russ
Lottie
Amy_D (+ husband) – on park, but unsure if meeting up.
Josht - requires a lift from Stoke following his car's recent marmalisation. Can you offer him one?
LiamC

I'll try and keep this up to date, but let me know if you want anything changing. :)

I'll definitely be there!

I put in a holiday request at work yesterday, just waiting to hear back, so I should be there :)

You missed out Vez!

WAIT, sorry. I didn't pay attention to the date. Remove Vez.

Amended. Vez didn't go on the list initially because she hasn't posted in here, hence I didn't know. DaveW also goes on the list because I know he's going.