• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Snow

Well was going go the gym but can't get out in my car, so I'm walking the pub thanks snow :)

It's just started snowing again in Nottingham, and I hear it is quite bad around Towers just now as well :( I hope it improves tomorrow as I need to drive there in the morning.

Went to Chessington today and there was still a lot of snow around that hadn't melted. It's cold around South London and we're expecting some more snow tonight.

Yup. It's bad around here.

I measured 4cm of snow on the steps in my garden.

It's meant to carry on until about 1am. :p

josht said:
Well was going go the gym but can't get out in my car, so I'm walking the pub thanks snow :)

Drive to the gym, to go on walking / cycling simulators, I presume? ;)

So I was walking to work and playing with my phone trying to take some photos of the snow and whilst I was messing with the settings a wild Slenderman appeared.

mail

Well I had a nice drive through the snow today, and I couldn't believe how much trouble people were having. At one point while driving through Alton, I was plowing through the snow up a hill no problem in my little 1 litre Corsa (ok maybe I had a few slides ;)) But there was a 4x4 truck behind me sliding all over the place struggling to get up the hill! Some people have no idea how to handle snow... ::)

I've never seen such a blizzard in my life as of today. Shame it'll all be gone in less than an hour when the rain hits >:D

It was Sunny in South London today, however it was freezing! Would be surprised if it did snow again

And it's snowing again in stoke-on-trent, hopefully it doesn't mess up towers for half term

Josh said:
Well I had a nice drive through the snow today, and I couldn't believe how much trouble people were having. At one point while driving through Alton, I was plowing through the snow up a hill no problem in my little 1 litre Corsa (ok maybe I had a few slides ;)) But there was a 4x4 truck behind me sliding all over the place struggling to get up the hill! Some people have no idea how to handle snow... ::)

Lol, my car is rear wheel drive and I hit a bit of slush on the motorway the other week while doing 70mph (the road initially was clear!!) - lets just say it was a very big trouser changing moment and if it were not for the traction control kicking in and lights flashing here there and everywhere on the dashboard, my car and me would have been a nice ornament in the central reservation lol!

Does anybody know how deep the snow at AT this weekend will be?

There is only a light dusting right now, but it's still snowing. I think it will be all gone by the weekend though.

Rowe said:
Does anybody know how deep the snow at AT this weekend will be?

1896544ft.

But seriously, there's a warm front coming up behind this current snow with a touch of rain mixed in. So it won't be around for long :)

Wilsy said:
There is only a light dusting right now, but it's still snowing. I think it will be all gone by the weekend though.

LiamC said:
1896544ft.

But seriously, there's a warm front coming up behind this current snow with a touch of rain mixed in. So it won't be around for long :)

I hope so, I don't fancy an icy slip slide across the lawns like we did two years ago in ill-chosen footwear! (LINDA)

Heavy snow is forecast at Towers this afternoon but it is going to warm up into the night resulting in heavy rain, with highs of 6 degrees tomorrow. So any snow will be long gone by the weekend thankfully!

:)

Rowe said:
Wilsy said:

LiamC said:
1896544ft.

I hope so, I don't fancy an icy slip slide across the lawns like we did two years ago in ill-chosen footwear! (LINDA)

Last year as well :p