• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Snow

Maya

TS Member
Well it seems today that more or less all of the uk has been swept with up to a foot of snow!
Here in shrewsbury, we have a fair few inches, with heavy snow all day!
Our school finished early, and I totally beat everyone in a snowball fight (Underestimate the shy girl!) So I've really enjoyed it- and it should be here until the end of next week!
I'll see if I can upload any photos tomorrow, but have you got any, and how much snow have you had?

There's some round were I live. They closed a lot of schools, although around lunchtime it wasn't that bad. Started to stick a lot more in the afternoon. Very blizardy.
Bit of a snow drift by our garage :)
580702_590814260934192_1440319155_n.jpg

250328_590814087600876_273225082_n.jpg

Not even a millimetre of snow here and a good thing that is too! I stupidly agreed to go leafleting tomorrow morning, and a heavy snowfall would make it considerably more difficult and uncomfortable. :p

Past that, I'm happy for the clouds to snow their heart out.

Meat Pie said:
Not even a millimetre of snow here and a good thing that is too! I stupidly agreed to go leafleting tomorrow morning, and a heavy snowfall would make it considerably more difficult and uncomfortable. :p

Past that, I'm happy for the clouds to snow their heart out.

Snowing all day here in Ashbourne (doesn't look good for SW7), fair play to the local school though kept open all day unlike many others. Skiving gits.

The depth of said snow depends on who you ask, 8 inches if you ask any guys and 2 inches if you ask the ladies, why is that?

A good few inches here in Widnes, causing many schools to close about half way through the day.
I'm not complaining!

166cd60199bf40f39541a9a.png

(It was a quick picture from earlier, and the snow ended up being much thicker than this.)

We had some snow here, although the local high school for me, use to only shut in bad snow and only then at lunchtime, however today is the first snow day since the new head took over and he shut it before school.

BigT said:
Longy said:
I'm not complaining!

You will be when you get called out from work to go and pick your little darling up!
Luckily, I don't have a child yet (and wont do for another 15 years probably ;) ), and if they think I'm going to pick them up, they've got another thing coming. :p

Longy said:
BigT said:
Longy said:
I'm not complaining!

You will be when you get called out from work to go and pick your little darling up!
Luckily, I don't have a child yet (and wont do for another 15 years probably ;) ), and if they think I'm going to pick them up, they've got another thing coming. :p

''Hello, is that little Jonny's parent?'' ''Yes, I am working what?'' ''School is closed, will you pick him up?'' ''Pick him up? Pick him up my a*se, tell the git to walk!'' :p

Had so much fun sledging today managed to get a few photos. Most of these are in the Quarry in Shrewsbury.

14821_10152432066625506_1712524807_n_zps05b06525.jpg

424009_10152432066850506_810632996_n_zpsb99796f4.jpg

481058_10152432066440506_1719007984_n_zps02e674bf.jpg

555403_10152432066280506_722273705_n_zpsd071a762.jpg

487340_10152432066675506_1931300618_n_zpsc3a1239c.jpg

We had a good 4/5 inches down here! What amazed me was how we didn't have our main roads gritted till around midday/1pm after my brother tried to make an attempt into work and informed me and my parents not to bother travelling as the main road near my house was at a standstill ::) Oh UK, we still suffer when it snows even when we had a good amount of warning about it. Anyway, I did a little walk just to see how much we had.

Some pics:
2rgjpua.jpg

4zybzs.jpg

ehk8pk.jpg

8y6s5l.jpg

we had between 3 to 6 inches depending on where it was in Oswestry. I spent the first hour (before i left the house) having calls from drivers at work. who had gone to test their pick up routes. One by one all the routes that went into Wales were pulled due to the roads being impassable in anything bar a 4x4.

My work (a College) was still open, but with student pick up route not running. there were not many people in. and the site started to shutdown at lunchtime.

I was covering locking up at our campus in Baschurch, (12miles from my base site). the staff left due to the state of the roads at lunchtime too, so i had to head across to lock. I was told that if the roads got too bad to get back using my minibus, then i was to use one of the training tractors to get home :eek:.

396024_4537434827240_372423879_n.jpg

Snow here in Chichester centre!! :)

734412_4531723084450_370808147_n.jpg

View from my room yesterday morning.... lol

Pretty damn deep, nearly a foot or so!

thisisruss said:
Had so much fun sledging today managed to get a few photos. Most of these are in the Quarry in Shrewsbury.

Completely off topic, but I used to go swimming there when I was younger! :p

I'm not sure how true this is, but it's meant to be like this for the next 2 weeks!
Although I swear it started raining for a few minutes here yesterday, Shrewsburys forcaste heavy snow today!! Hope no school again tomorrow!!

Maya said:
I'm not sure how true this is, but it's meant to be like this for the next 2 weeks!
Although I swear it started raining for a few minutes here yesterday, Shrewsburys forcaste heavy snow today!! Hope no school again tomorrow!!

Yes it was raining for a little bit and some snow I noticed while I was driving. OOO I want more snow as I am going sledging up Carding Mill Valley today which should be interesting.

thisisruss said:
Maya said:

Yes it was raining for a little bit and some snow I noticed while I was driving. OOO I want more snow as I am going sledging up Carding Mill Valley today which should be interesting.
Cool :) I love the snow- but nobody else does! I dont know where abouts in Shrewsbury you are, but here its snowing quite alot now, so I'm guessing it should have even more in Carding Mill valley. ( I hate it there, always reminds me of that horrible school trip where it was poring down with rain and we were forced to do work outside!!)