• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

So... what did you get for Christmas?

Sam

TS Member
...actually lets not do that this year, it's tedious and boastful and irritates people on the forum who come from less well-off families.

Instead, tell us about some nice times you've had this Christmas. With family, or friends. At home, or down the pub. With relatives, or with boyfriends and girlfriends. :)

I saw this topic and rolled my eyes. Then I saw that YOU had created it, Sam, and assumed your account must have been hacked. :p

It's just Christmas dinner is the main thing about the day

Pigs in a blanket *drools* - the only Christmas thing about our dinner is that and turkey, the rest is like any other Sunday dinner. :p

Both my parents work for the NHS so usually one or the other is in work, although this Christmas is the first year in a very long time that they both have the day off! So today will be spent enjoying it with my parents and brother. My parents never get to let their hair down because of their jobs so it will be great to have a few drinks with them too!

I'm mainly looking forward to binge eating more than anything! Even though in a few days I'll be moaning that I've put weight on from the binging (yearly ritual for millions of Brits). :p

I want to show off the fact that I got some Marvel Avengers aftershave and shower gel set, and you can't take that away from me.

I spent most of Christmas either talking with my family, learning some more Maya and starting to learn some Zbrush and playing some late night Team Fortress 2 with some good friends.

bave2y4u.jpg

One down two to go

Well I got a Mac Keyboard as my main present, and there was nothing else I could think of that I wanted. Because of this, my mum and dad are paying some money towards my Premium MAP for next year. :)

I've been spending this festive holiday with both of my respective families, Christmas Day with family White and Boxing Day (otherwise known as a second Christmas Day for me) with family Humphreys.

Because of my time at college and in other jobs I'm obligated to, I haven't been able to spend as much time with family over 2013 with speculation that I probably won't get so much time to spend time during the terms in 2014. It's been a hard few months recently, due to several undisclosed factors, so to escape back home to see my families has been a lovingly appreciated breath of fresh air. The sense of excitement I had when I crept back home in the middle of the night 2 weeks ago without anybody noticing was euphoric to say the least.

I'm so thankful for my families and their unconditional love and enduring helpfulness that it is one of two great metaphorical presents I've been given this year (well, every year since 1992).

The second great metaphorical present I've been given this year is my time spent with Dave. I know we're seen as being quite a sickeningly sweet couple on meets and on the forum but over these 3 years*, we've grown from strength to strength in our happiness to the point of having our own little Christmassy holiday at Disneyland Paris recently, which I can't wait to happen all over again at some point in the future. We may not be at the same stage as many other TS couples who've been happily engaged this year, we're still far from it, but our mutual content and unspoken understanding of each other is just a wonderful, unfaltering gift in itself... Apart from when we're REALLY annoying one another! ;)

We'll be spending our New Years together per usual, sadly not at Europa Park with a number of individuals from the forum as we hoped due to my lack of expenses, and find our own ways in making it a memorable send off to what has been a hectic 2013!... into a VERY hectic 2014!

All in all, it looks to be and have been a truly lovely Christmas for me :)

*note, we only remembered about being together for over 3 years whilst at DLP; "Dave?" "Yes?" "We've been together for over 3 years." "Oh yeah." "Yep.".

I continued my tradition of watching Threads on christmas day, to remind myself I could always be more miserable.

DiogoJ42 said:
I continued my tradition of watching Threads on christmas day, to remind myself I could always be more miserable.

I should do a Crimbo day walk/drive around the locations used in Threads. Next year mayhaps....

Ben said:

Oh come on Ben. He's just bitter that he spent his Christmas cleaning up vomit, and watching me and Sam have a family domestic ;)