• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Something that is getting annoying now

spinba11

TS Member
Why do the crafts on Air sometimes stop at the top of the lift and then start again about 2 seconds later?

It's nothing to do with the block not being clear because the other 2 crafts are coming into the station (past the split switch) and unloading/loading.

everytime it happened to me it was becasue the train in front hadn't hit the brakes so it was waiting for the block to clear.

I was waiting in the bays in station 2, 1 craft was coming into station 2 the 2nd craft was loading in station 1 and the 3rd craft was heading up the lift then i heard the lift slow down and that bang that means the anti rolled back teeth have engaged and then it starts again, the main track block was clear, Ive seen it happen about 10 times now.

It's because the traincraft gets sent before there's space for it, but by the time it gets up the lift there should be space. You need to have the brakes clear, as well as the main track block, or what's to stop the traincraft smashing into the back of the last load if the brakes fail? I think the whole brake run is one block, so if there was something on or leaving it, the PLC doesn't see it as clear, so it stops the lift. Or at least that's the way I understand it! :p

From what I've read, AIR was experiment both in terms of the actual ride and also the main control system for it. Consign tried some new things, some worked and some didn't and some kinda do.

Both other crafts were coming into/in the stations so the main track block was clear, I said that in my first post.

Yes, but the block gap between the block (before the switch) and the station isn't big enough to entirely clear the block. Hence why it stopes halfway through the switch when the next train still hasn't been sent.

The train still needs to be fully in the station before it will clear the lift.

It's a timing issue - just needs the lift to run a bit slower and it wouldn't happen.

Airs lift is always a bit silly anyway, it'll be like full speed HALTS slow speed.. SPEEDS UP.. Stops at the top as it's confused itself. Then goes.

Are there two blocks per branch (the station and the waiting place behind it)? It should slow down to give time for the block to clear.

The waiting areas behind the stations are a different block to the main brake run.. turntable would need to have turned to the other station (or have the waiting area completely clear) for the ride to allow the next craft to leave the lift.

^ No. Because the waiting space after the turntable is too small, the train often partly sits on the turntable.

I'm 90% sure the craft does clear the station split switch but doesn't clear the storage switch, BTW after a breakdown ( many years ago) a craft came into both stations in sync so a craft can be waiting on each waiting block at the same time but maybe not during normal operation.