• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

Having not heard anything for months noticed RCDB added the new coaster today with a 2024 opening. However in the notes it says Norman Walis has said its not a Zamperla Thunderbolt model. Which seems confusing given that's what they got planning permission for.

Trying to find anything new news wise took me to a small article on a Southport news website were Zamperla staff had visited the park.

Intrigued by his mentioning of also being in discussion with Dutch and German companies.

Last visited the park back in April this year and at that point there was no sign of any preparation being done for any new coaster.

Having not heard anything for months noticed RCDB added the new coaster today with a 2024 opening. However in the notes it says Norman Walis has said its not a Zamperla Thunderbolt model. Which seems confusing given that's what they got planning permission for.

"Per Normal Wallace" 🤣

Didn't something similar happen to one operating in Scotland last year, which was then sold to a park in France.

This park is an absolute joke these days. I don't even think this new coaster is going to save them. It's a glorified traveling fair.

This park is an absolute joke these days. I don't even think this new coaster is going to save them. It's a glorified traveling fair.
I agree it's a glorified traveling fair but they are trying, which I think is something. There's little they can do with the money they've got. I for one hope this coaster raises the profile of the place because I really think they should be given a chance. Norman Wallis seems very passion about the town and the park and I really hope he call pull of his plans.

I hope he can pull off his plans too, but I don't hold out much hope.
Wonder how his new coaster along Marine Drive is coming on...a couple of years down the road, and no sign.
A bit like sticking a small looping coaster in the corner of your park next to the road, but only opening it on a few days a season.
Good old "showman" practices.

Seems there was a presentation from the park tonight. Not sure about those logos/names they've got on display though.

Seems there was a presentation from the park tonight. Not sure about those logos/names they've got on display though.

Port Of Adventure At Southport is a really clumsy sounding name for their rebrand.

New name does sound a little bit of a mouthful though I can see why they want to do this to avoid any comparisons with BPB.

I was aware how BPB purposely wrecked the area to make sure no one could make anything from the land from years ago. Honestly it is quite amazing how much they've managed to pull off, who knows how different the place would be if Pleasureland was not wrecked from the moment it closed.

If only Norman Wallis could try his luck at turning M&D's into something good...

Don't see how you can confuse Southport Pleasureland with Blackpool Pleasure Beach...thirty miles apart by road, one in Southport, one in Blackpool.
Instead of rebranding, they would be better building the new nice big coaster along the seafront they promised.
Ego trip renaming...and the article is a little biased, the Thompsons may have been naughty, but the didn't virtually level the park when they left the site, I would say 80% was left standing.
Cyclone was naughty, but it was also crap!

Port of Adventure

PortAventura

Seriously???

Sounds like a wind up to me. If it was April the first then I would say it definitely was.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited: