• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

I've seen from credible sources that they our purchased Knightmare for £800,000 and it's being refurbished at some place near Blackpool before going to Southport.

We've also got to remember that not so long ago the owner of Pleasureland posed with a model of Knightmare expressing his desire to add the ride to the park. This is by far more than just a rumour, but there's also no certainty that it's going to actually get built either.

Someone on the CPBE (BPB) website enquired to Pleasureland directly, and got the response of " ... no plans to bring Knightmare to Southport and they don't know where the rumour has come from."
If anyone wants a beer bet on this, I will go as far as half a gallon of bitter that this gets no further than the train sitting on a sand dune...to match the Dragon Coaster train.

So you're saying this is the first time a park has ever kept a right lip on a future new ride? ;)

Why would they openly admit to getting hold a second hand heap of a ride?

I'm not saying it's definitely happening, but this response of theirs means nothing IMO.

A right tight lip Lordy?
Oakwood made such an admission this year!
And Knightmare would be third hand, not second.
Looked at recent drone footage,and yup, all the straight sections at the base of the ride have gone...brake run round the back, and station straight to the front, the rest is intact.
Apparently it cost Camelot three million quid to buy, refurbish and relocate this ride originally, and it had five trains.
Anyone know where the others went, I only ever saw two at Camelot.

...and I heard you can get guided tours around the site if you slip the security guard a banknote.

Edit...and what an amazing Halow'een experience that would be...maybe Scare Kingdom (or whoever) should put a bid in for a months rental in October.

Camelot had at least 3 for most of Knightmare's operating life. Only ever 2 on the track though, with any others in storage round the back.

£3M isn't really too bad for a ride on that scale, you wouldn't get anything anywhere near as good for that much if buying new, but apparently old Schwarzkopfs are expensive to run.

Yes.
... If you have any shred of respect for preserving classics, that is.

Yes.
... If you have any shred of respect for preserving classics, that is.
If it's up and operating, that's one thing. If it's been rusting in a field for five years and needs the kiss of life, that's another.

An Enterprise has appeared at Pleasureland. Quite a surprise to drive by and see it at full tilt today. Wonder where it’s come from.

I think they have had it before. Its one of the traveling ones.

Wish they could get the star shape back. I think it's the same one they get at winter wonderland.

I can't remember how much the two park passport was, but it was a steal. Pleasureland was one of my favourite parks to visit growing up, more painful to get to than the Pleasure Beach, but always had some great times there.

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_1.jpg

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_2.jpg

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_3.jpg

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_4.jpg

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_5.jpg

TheCarousel_Pleasureland_ParkGuide2004_6.jpg

More stuff here

Back then, Pleasureland was actually a surprisingly substantial park with some relatively high-end rides compared to what it is today, I must say. Now that Norman Wallis has apparently been granted some sort of money for an expansion, I wonder if it will ever return to anything like it was?

Damn I miss those days of Pleasureland, honestly so much of my childhood was spent there.

Although, I do remember someone spraying one those joke fart sprays on the handlebars of the cable cars one time, and I smelt like it for hours later. But good times.

The space isn't available for it to ever be big, and with even Blackpool - close geographically but much bigger, more established, easier to get to and with more to do outside the park - struggling for footfall, I can't see it doing anything other than limping on until the land gets bought up for an extension of the retail park.

That said there's at least one little coaster in bits on site ready to be built, perhaps only temporary though like the wild mouse last summer.