• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Spinball Whizzer: General Discussion

when you need to get trains out with a dispach interval of aproximatley 60 secs it is

Oblivion more than achieves this with the current setup and batching system.

In all honesty - it’s the least of the issues with oblivion.

Aesthetically it’s more of an issue - needs a proper station / queue like refurb.

Straying way off topic here anyway.

With regards to Spinball. I guess this investment means they are planning on keeping the ride for the medium term at least.

Not a bad thing, the park can’t afford to loose anymore of the existing lineup.

Oblivion more than achieves this with the current setup and batching system.
not really, it always backs up and there can be multiple minuites gone without a dispach

betting back on topic

It is really good to see, I wonder if this is in relation to the work that is happening with the ball in play sign. And I wonder where it will go.

To be fair they don’t often plan mid-season closures. It’s usually unplanned.

Thinking about it, I don’t understand why this can’t warrant waiting until the end of the season. I’d really like to see them post a list of closed season improvements like many other parks, just to give them some focus

I am very curious where it will go, they can't have it go past the hospitality as the main queue gets close to their and I can't see them adding it on the unload side, also are they going to move some of the other queues

Thinking about it, I don’t understand why this can’t warrant waiting until the end of the season. I’d really like to see them post a list of closed season improvements like many other parks, just to give them some focus
In order to complete it before Scarefest.

"WHAT DO WE WANT?!"

"SINGLE RIDER!"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?!"

"PREFERABLY NOT UNTIL THE CLOSED SEASON..."

I am very curious where it will go, they can't have it go past the hospitality as the main queue gets close to their and I can't see them adding it on the unload side, also are they going to move some of the other queues
I suspect the entire main queue will be redesigned to accommodate.

As an aside .. Spinball only runs 3 riders most the time ? Hence single rider getting good value?

In order to complete it before Scarefest.

"WHAT DO WE WANT?!"

"SINGLE RIDER!"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?!"

"PREFERABLY NOT UNTIL THE CLOSED SEASON..."

I appreciate why but it’s hardly a must finish task that couldn’t wait. To save closing and attraction for 2 or 3 days.

Did it go for a while then?
Was it directly replaced with fasttrack...one of those!
Either way it’s coming back and they’re willing to change queue routes to fit it in. This gives me confidence they might look at it on other rides. The 2 seaters don’t really need them but I wouldn’t complain if they somehow implemented it on Rita and Th13teen again. I actually enjoy Rita but the queue always puts me off. If Nemesis had one then that’d save a heck of a lot of walking and I certainly know there’s people that would be getting 30 goes in a day

I appreciate why but it’s hardly a must finish task that couldn’t wait. To save closing and attraction for 2 or 3 days.
While closing any attraction during the season for non-essential maintenance is not good, they are at least giving just over 2 weeks notice and it is in the time between the school holidays and Oktoberfest so with some kids back at school it should mean less guests inconvenienced. They're clearly putting it in ready for the 3 events and as the weather will slowly deteriorate through them (is that even possible given the weather this year?!) meaning - as others have said - the single rider queue will be a welcome addition in the rain.

Plus, the more that can be done during the season means more time and resources during the closed season. Who knows, the people doing these changes may well already be down to work on the Skyride over winter getting that ready for 2025...

Either way it’s coming back and they’re willing to change queue routes to fit it in. This gives me confidence they might look at it on other rides. The 2 seaters don’t really need them but I wouldn’t complain if they somehow implemented it on Rita and Th13teen again. I actually enjoy Rita but the queue always puts me off. If Nemesis had one then that’d save a heck of a lot of walking and I certainly know there’s people that would be getting 30 goes in a day

But only spinball needs a single rider line to function reasonably in the rain.