• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Spinball Whizzer: General Discussion

But now you are only a very occasional visitor, it won't be much of an issue though.
It’s not about us enthusiasts the important thing is public perception. Most of us support towers no matter what so our opinion is irrelevant

I wouldn't want to put the topic off course with a mention of the skyride!
I have always enjoyed spinball, even though I don't do spinny shit anymore.
But it has always had a lower status with dedicated thoosies.
Single rider queue back, especially for rainy days, should mean another occasional walk on, like oblivion and nemesis.

Seems sensible timing to me, straight after the school holiday madness and before the upcoming events. Also plenty of notice so if anyone was planning a visit and desperate to ride Spinball Whizzer they’ve got time to change their plans.

Good move, these are the sort of small things which won’t generate headlines or even register in the consciousness of the general public so isn’t going to get people flooding into the park, but still make a positive difference to those who are in.

I suspect the entire main queue will be redesigned to accommodate.
I wonder how they could reroute the queue to fit a single ride,
Near the station it is next to a service road with some bushes they could trim back the bushes and add a queue next to the main queue, but the current queue is very close to the hospitality center but I could see them add a queue next to the fast track (just after it goes past the sign, next to the lift hill)

Also the decal at spinball is gone and some scaffolding is in place.. (picture below sorry for bad quality my phone is horrible..)
That’s been like it all season. No idea why it’s still like that. Would imagine it wouldn’t be hard to just install a new sign. No doubt it was probably all rotten behind.

I wonder how they could reroute the queue to fit a single ride,
Near the station it is next to a service road with some bushes they could trim back the bushes and add a queue next to the main queue, but the current queue is very close to the hospitality center but I could see them add a queue next to the fast track (just after it goes past the sign, next to the lift hill)
I think they will use the old fastrack queue at the exit. Possibly installing a new queue under the lift hill near the entrance to fastrack and then up to the exit.

That will be why the ride has to shut as it will be a ride area. If they were just installing a queue at the back of the ride I feel like could just do that with the ride still open.

They won’t want single going up the cure e exit as we always have rap and the exit.

I think they will use the old fastrack queue at the exit. Possibly installing a new queue under the lift hill near the entrance to fastrack and then up to the exit.
that could make sense using the old exit as single rider and new one as RAP, add a merge where that video is and handle it there,
although I wonder how accessible that would be, alternatively they could add another queue for single riders and send ambulant RAP with fast track and use the exit for non ambulant RAP (like 13)

Out of curiosity, have you been on most coasters in the world to be able to make that statement?
Are you @rob666 with that level of pedanticness. Not most then a high percentage of coasters. I’ve seen videos of a lot of coasters operating around the world in rainy conditions without needing to reduce rider numbers. It must be a specific problem to Maurer spinners

Are you @rob666 with that level of pedanticness. Not most then a high amount of coasters

Oh yes. So have you ridden a high amount of coasters in order to be able to make that statement?

I've been fortunate enough to visit a fair few parks abroad. Single trained coasters having issues running in the rain is not something even closely unique to Alton Towers.

Single trained coasters having issues running in the rain is not something even closely unique to Alton Towers.
That’s why I said Maurer spinners not Alton towers. I’m sure there are manufacturers that have these issues but it shouldn’t be the case because rides from the likes of Intamin and B&M cope just fine.

That’s why I said Maurer spinners not Alton towers. I’m sure there are manufacturers that have these issues but it shouldn’t be the case because rides from the likes of Intamin and B&M cope just fine.

In both companies defence, B&M don't do any rides with single cars (single cars being the issue in the rain). Intamin may do a handful at most, if any. So you won't find the issue with them companies for the most part, purely on how they configure their trains with multiple cars.

If I'm being pedantic, I do often at least try to check my facts first.
The Big Dipper at the Beach often has issues with heavy rain...goes down to a single train to avoid station "issues".
The Cyclone at Southport used to close due to general stopping issues in very wet weather.
Pretty sure the Beast at Towers closed in the rain for the same reason.
It is a common issue.
Some parks are quite fussy about shutting many attractions when the rain comes...several trip reports on here mention such issues.

I love spinball in the rain...I get on quicker when the "Any single riders" shout goes up!

Spinball is supposed to be closed today, tomorrow and Thursday to add a single rider queue, is there any news / images of how it is going, I am curious to see where it is going and where the enterance will be.