• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

I genuinely really like they way they've branded this. Looks very nice, yet still not trying to oversell itself. It's clever marketing (and pricing) that will be the only way they can make this work, and I'll admit, despite its faults, I'm slowly warming to this Stargazing Pods development.

Maybe that's how they are looking to solve the issue of restaurant overcrowding we are expecting...

Looks like they are doing the Travelodge offering of a breakfast in a tub for a fiver perhaps?
(Might be Premier Inns that don't have a restaurant attached, can't remember, but last time we stayed in one of those cheapy places they didn't have a restaurant attached but did offer a "takeaway breakfast" for a fiver which was a small pack of cornflakes, a disposable bowl and an apple of something, along with a drink).

Personally we walked across the road to the Lidl and bought enough stuff for the three of us for £2.60, but that's a story for another day....

Looks like they are doing the Travelodge offering of a breakfast in a tub for a fiver perhaps?
(Might be Premier Inns that don't have a restaurant attached, can't remember, but last time we stayed in one of those cheapy places they didn't have a restaurant attached but did offer a "takeaway breakfast" for a fiver which was a small pack of cornflakes, a disposable bowl and an apple of something, along with a drink).

Personally we walked across the road to the Lidl and bought enough stuff for the three of us for £2.60, but that's a story for another day....
Most Premier Inns have restaurants, whereas some Travelodges do and some don't.

Most Premier Inns have restaurants, whereas some Travelodges do and some don't.

Yeah that's what I said, thanks ;)

It was the one that's about 7 miles north of Alton that we stayed at that offered us a breakfast in a tub for a fiver, cannot remember whether it was a Premier Inn or a Travelodge though.

@IanSR Seemingly that is their approach. I wonder if the takeaway option is maybe what you get for the B&B price with an option to upgrade to the breakfast buffet.

I still don't think the restaurant capacity thing is a huge issue but I guess breakfast was always going to be more difficult than dinner (or tea!) - the existing places are empty come 9am. They have never built a hotel without a restaurant, if anything with RCR they built a restaurant 'in the resort' without a hotel.

Towers already do the breakfast in a box if you stay at Enchanted Village and opt for continental. You get cornflakes, milk, muffin, orange juice, an apple and pain au chocolat

@ringo I'd definitely consider it. As a veggie, it's not that different to what I'd get in the Secret Garden or the Crooked Spoon zoo... however my good lady is quite partial to a bacon sandwich.

If we were the kind of people who 'had' to be in the park for ERT, I could see the advantage of it, but we're happy to book the latest possible breakfast and roll into the park at 11 or so.

Hmm... cosy:

39442374_10211821195828626_8483277145152421888_n.jpg

Is it just me, or does the double bed at the back look and bit too short and the two single beds at the front look a bit too narrow? Either way, just as I suspected, zero theming. Absolutely nothing unique or "magical" about these. Even as pod accommodation, they could have been executed to a much higher standard, especially the interiors.