• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

I'd say the entire space at the back consists of just the double bed, ie only way into that bed is to squeeze through that doorway and climb into the bed. At a premium cost, of course.

Hmm... cosy:

39442374_10211821195828626_8483277145152421888_n.jpg

I know I’ve said it before, but it’s worth sharing again.

‘Merlin are world leaders in themed accommodation’ - Nick Varney.

I'm optimistic that they might be concealing a few surprises, like they did with the EV show lodge!

Please enjoy this clip from during the construction of the Alton Towers Hotel. It should automatically start at 4:29 mins.

Last edited:
Back when they made an effort. They thought about it, created a back story, something special, something magical... Now we just get sheds with zero thought. Anything will do as long as people can pay and sleep overnight. Sad really.

£40 a night (for four) and i'd be OK about staying in one of these. Lets be honest they are not That bad BUT it's the facilities that are letting them down badly. Rock up to one of these at a campsite and your likely to get great entertainment, decent washing facilities and you bring your own seating, BBQ etc.

My main gripe in all of this is that they haven't thought of expanding on the resorts offerings. This should be like the Tipidorf in Europa, there's no reason why they couldn't have done it either. They are simply looking at offering the bare minimum when they could of created more facilitaties that would have had a benefit to both this accommodation and the existing hotels.

Plus the fact that it's never going to be £40 a night. It'll be at least £80 if not more I imagine.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the above. It actually hurts to see those photos, because someone is actually going to have to stay inside something which mirrors what you'd expect an over sized rabbit to be kept in.

Well, I'd say the pods look bigger in person than they do in photos, but they definitely look to have less space than a hotel room to me. I personally think it's nice that Merlin are offering a budget entry into the world of Alton accommodation!

Well, I'd say the pods look bigger in person than they do in photos, but they definitely look to have less space than a hotel room to me. I personally think it's nice that Merlin are offering a budget entry into the world of Alton accommodation!
Budget relatively, but do you really think it's going to be "budget" budget?

Budget relatively, but do you really think it's going to be "budget" budget?
You phrase that question as if capitalism doesn't exist. If it's '"budget" budget' is irrelevant. If it's at a price that sufficient people want to pay, all is well. If it's not, they'll need to rethink the pricing or take a (communal) bath on their investment.

Nike shoes... Worth less than a fiver on paper. People spend ten times that on some pairs. It's the same thing. The value of goods is what people will pay.

I've said it before, if you like camping and want to do a night at Alton Towers but don't want the hassle of bringing all your gear to local campsite - this is a good alternative.