• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Wonder if they'll have the AR tech that Efteling recently put into a couple of telescopes around the Gondola lake...

*Narrator* They didn't.

What would be nice is an actual observatory centre piece for the whole area. Might actually give the grass area a purpose.

I can't seem to see the "insert £1 to operate" slot on it anywhere on it either.

Don't be silly, this is Alton/Merlin that we are talking about, they will never charge a £1, that is way too cheap, more like £3 or more, fast track tickets for the use of the telescope will also be available.

I can't seem to see the "insert £1 to operate" slot on it anywhere either.
That would have cost Merlin way to much to actually implement considering this is just a cheap telescope that literally anyone can buy on Amazon!

Who's making these crap decisions?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will remain hopeful that the prices will be reasonable, until of course they inevitably announce they will be astronomical :p

That will be part of the theme. Astronomical prices to match what vestige of an "astronomical" experience there ends up being.

The Stargazing Pods now meet their name sake.

A telescope mounted to a wooden pole between a group of pods.

Photo posted to the MAP FB group:

40460883_10217015106874963_2990584650168008704_n.jpg

Magical.

Hahahaha I just let out a hybrid scream / laugh at the state of this

Who’s decision was it to put examples of these ‘pods’ on the lawns so that people have a chance to see how dreadful they are before they’re even built? I haven’t been following this development much at all, but, my god who signed this off?

They’re tiny, like cramped to the point of embarrassment. Absolutely zero privacy for anybody insider them, no space to even put a single bag of luggage between 4 people, and the ‘stargazing’ element is a load of tosh. I was expecting a glass roof, not a token telescope plonked next to them.

They’re budget, like ridiculously budget, and does not appear to be an enjoyable concept in any sense. The truth is in the fact that none of the example ones were open for people to even stand inside - if indeed that is even a possibility

You can buy these sheds for around £4000 which works out around £10 per night per pod over a year. Even with a markup for location and magical telescope I fail to see how they can get away with charging anything more than £40 per pod for the night.

https://www.tuin.co.uk/Log-Cabin-Ca...xvjktknJkx3h9nHWgCJStfzqFAwaPXGYaAu9-EALw_wcB

Is there any info on the budget for this project? The pods can't be costing more than £400,000 (unless M£rlin Studio$ is charging £8000 for a themed door handle. I bet the Toilet Block is going to cost more than all of the pods altogether.