• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Can you imagine how hot it will be staying in one of these sheds during a hot summer like the one we just had. The enchanted village lodges were bad enough, let alone a tiny shed with 4 people crammed into it .

Here's hoping they won't last that long and will have spontaneously combusted before then.

I don't like this.

The prices are higher than I was led to believe they would be.

It ain't this, is it:

camp_resort_tipizelt_luft_03_200517.jpg

Indeed.

Another concern is the fact they don't have adequate restaurant quality/availability for more guests.

WOW, that'll cost you £65 at the Travellodge absolute max, at least at the Travellodge you'll be able to stretch in the morning without getting seven inch splinters in your knuckles from whacking the walls.

So where are the pods actually located? Because by a rough calculation from Crooked Spoon the distance to the entrance to the park on foot is 1.4 miles.

Can you imagine how hot it will be staying in one of these sheds during a hot summer like the one we just had. The enchanted village lodges were bad enough, let alone a tiny shed with 4 people crammed into it .
You mean they don't have air conditioning? I'm not being sarcastic, at that price I would expect air conditioning!

The pathetic thing is, when these things sit empty and end up making no money (after the first few months), instead of actually charging the cheapo price that they should for a stay in them, they'll just be mothballed completely instead of actually providing a bit of value for money for a change. Alas, Towers actually does genuinely manage to get worse and worse year on year.

Wow, where to start with these. Let's start with price!

I've looked at Saturday 19th April, the week after they have opened. 4 adults - £258!! Or for 2 adults, that's £199! So either £100 each if 2 of you are staying, or £64.50 each if it's 4 of you. Budget accommodation you say? Ha, please. An absolute rip off.

Then they have the audacity to market these as having "minimalistic theming" and the free provision of basic bed linen. Do they think people are stupid, minimalistic theming? We all know that this means next to no theming so that they can build them at the cheapest cost possible. And they call the pods unique, how so? Maybe if they had a double glazed glass roof so that you could actually gaze at the stars they would be!

And then they're not even going to provide you with a towel. Lovely.

The marketing department must be deluded. I know they read these forums, so how can you really beleive what you are writing on your website? Have you all really been brainwashed that much? If these were dirt cheap (i.e. not between £50 and £100 per person per night) then these extremely basic services would be fine. But they are not. You are still paying a premium prices for a truly woeful experience.

I shall never be staying in one of these things.

Oh and on top of that, it looks like you are not able to book either Splash Landings or the Enchanted Village at all in 2019. So it's a case of build some dirt cheap pods with a very high profit margin, close 2 options with higher operating costs, attempt to rip off consumers and laugh all the way to the bank.

:)

But Rob! Your forgot the Bacon Bap served by the receptionist!

I have a few questions:

- Will BBQ's be allowed?
- Will same sex groups be allowed (seems so so far)
- Will there be security on site?
- Where am I expected to store this Basket of towels? :)

Unbelievable that splash and enchanted village seem to be closed all of 2019!

Maybe splash will get that desperately needed full refurb? Oh wait....

But Rob! Your forgot the Bacon Bap served by the receptionist!

I have a few questions:

- Will BBQ's be allowed?
- Will same sex groups be allowed (seems so so far)
- Will there be security on site?
- Where am I expected to store this Basket of towels? :)

- No
- Urgh, gays! :p
- No
- On top of you as you sleep

Sorted!

;)