• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Wanna dry your sack and crack before a heavy day on the park? It'll cost you a tenner. :) (Image Credit @AstroDan )

52043240_341227746490265_4643827698244780032_n.jpg

Unbelievable. Even in a budget Travelodge / Premier Inn they provide towels (and an en-suite bathroom come to think of it).

What will Merlin / Towers come up with next? FastTrack for the Showers & Toilets in the facilities block?

At £10 I’d be keeping them

• [*]A pack of 4 towels for hire
    [*]Towels will be in the Stargazing Pod when guests arrive or can be collected from reception
    [*]These are for hire only, guests will need to leave them in the Stargazing Pod upon check-out

What's the star rating of these hovels again? I seem to remember a debate a few years ago over the removal of hair dryers from Splash rooms technically bumping them down to a ** rating.

No doubt These will be advertised as "The world's first **** luxury sleep pods". Even though they don't even meet the official standards for housing cattle.

I consider myself an optimist, but seriously.

I can't defend this.

Pay a fortune, have less space than a murderer in their cell at her majesty's pleasure, share a toilet with two dozen others, join an endless queu for barely edible sub McDonald's food at premium prices, etc.

AT as a theme park is great, I love it. I loved my stays in ATH and food not withstanding, I don't understand much of the criticisms it gets, but this...

Are we sure it's not an elaborate April Fool's Joke played early?

Anyway, here are a few tips to Merlin on how to "improve" it...

Not enough toilets?... No problem, beat the queu's and hire your very own shovel for just ten pounds per day. It's every shovel you ever dreamed of rolled into one and endorsed by Merlin payed promotor Bear Grylls. You and the family can experience the challenge, fun and action of digging out your own latrines. Make sure you fill them in after use or surcharge will apply. (Toilet paper extra).

Worried about sickness, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, food poisoning, etc. Why not give you and your family the protection you need with our all in one inoculation injection against deseases of poor hygiene for just 15 pounds.

Don't just watch the entertainment. Be part of it. Our entertainments team may have been layed off, but new for 2019 on the ATH stage, we've invested in a 29.99 Karaoke machine from Argos. You can sing, you can dance, have the time of your life. Hell, just do our job for us.

Sorry, I'm usually an optimist, I thought SW8 would be better than plans suggested from day one, but this ..

I know Merlin have gone for some dark themes in recent years, but Concentration Camp...?

Last edited:
£10 to rent towels!? Is that some sort of sad joke?

Do the beds come with a pillow and duvet? Or do you have to choose between renting these for £50 or bringing a sleeping bag?

£10 to rent towels!? Is that some sort of sad joke?

Do the beds come with a pillow and duvet? Or do you have to choose between renting these for £50 or bringing a sleeping bag?

That's if they don't charge you for an actual bed frame in the first place...

£10 for towel hire :eek: You can purchase towels for a £1 at Poundland. Good luck in trying to get to use your £10 towel that you have hire when everyone is queuing up to use the shower first thing in the morning :rolleyes:

I can only imagine that there will be a fastrack option available for use of the toilets and shower.

Maybe Alton are trying to get people to take towels with them due to the nature of the accommodation? It would also help the environment no end due to the emissions from washing towels each day!

Maybe Alton are trying to get people to take towels with them due to the nature of the accommodation? It would also help the environment no end due to the emissions from washing towels each day!

I know you like to be positive Matt, but come on! If this accommodation was dirt cheap (which it is not) then I would be more inclined to agree with you. However the price is still a premium, and towels are the least you would expect after a bed.