• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

How didn't they spot that?!

https://m.spiegel.de/panorama/loeff...reuz-karussell-muss-schliessen-a-1282683.html

After a critical video, the Tatzmania amusement park in the Black Forest has shut down a ride that was only opened a few weeks ago . The extendable arms of the carousel "Eagle flight" resembled rotating swastikas, said a spokesman for the park in Löffingen.

After this had been discussed in a video on the online platform Reddit, there had been criticism. According to the spokesman, the park has therefore decided to decommission the carousel with immediate effect. It should now be revised together with the Italian manufacturer.

Before the video was the controversial optics not noticed. The park, which appeals mainly to families with children, wanted to avoid possible irritation. A continuation of the driving business as well as the maintenance of the existing optics would not have stood for discussion.

With other attractions and a zoo, the theme park will remain open. The spokesman did not want to say what the new ride cost the park.
[\spoiler]

Totally agree but I guess if you're German you're always going to catch heat if you have things that resemble Swastikas. Thanks to my nations legacy I have to stay away from fields with sheep in, its just not worth the scandal Diogo ;)

Indeed, the trailer has sections of Knoxville talking about Action Point. I might watch them back to back :)

There's also a short documentary already out there.

Up up and away (sometimes, but not usually for more than a few cycles, especially if @rob666 was in the vicinity).

TheCarousel_SkyTrak_GranadaStudiosTour.jpg

https://www.themepark.org.uk/the-carousel/rollback/prepare-for-skytrak/

I have a POV on VHS somewhere, filmed with one of these bad boys... will try my best to find it.

s-l225.jpg

It never bloody worked!

Phoned them up before visiting three times before we were given the green light!
Race there...sorry broken.
Teething problems.
Capacity 30 people an hour.
Scrapped before ever opening properly.
This was the point my wife gave up on coasters and just cleared off shopping instead.
Did anyone on here ever ride it?

Sort of jealous.
But even a day at Camelot offered more thrills than Granada Studios!
And were you even old enough?!

No, a tyke is a Yorkshire person.
They can't help it.
Everyone under 45 is simply a young person.
Oh I bet that makes a few on here feel good.
One of my customers still refers to me as "The Lad."
But he is in his late eighties.
Edit...apart from the motionmaster and skytrak, there wasnt much else apart from the tour, Corrie St and the House of Commons was there?